Erasing NetMD discs on non-NetMD recorder

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi, I've created a lot of MDs using my friend's NetMD recorder (as I bought mine before the days of NetMD sad.gif ) but have discovered that I can't edit or erase anything on these MDs using my recorder. I get a TrProtect message. Is there any way I can edit (or wipe) these discs on my recorder? (mine's an MZ-R700) Thanks

that's the problem with these new NetMD units...once the song is transfered you can't do much else except move the song sequence around and edit the titles....other than that you more or less can't do much else...but i heard that a fellow poster said in one of the other threads i replied to that you can erase a whole MD with a non-NetMD recorder...not too sure about this because i've never tried it...

Guest Anonymous

If you transfer songs to your NetMD unit via Simple Burner, there is no TRProtect on the tracks - the tracks/disc can be deleted as normal away from a computer, even on a NetMD unit. It appears the TRProtect only applies to checked-out songs from OpenMG or Sonic Stage.

I'd guess there is also no TRProtect on tracks transferred with RealOne Player, as this software has no DRM/check in/out implementation.

Guest Anonymous

It's tue....

If you have older MD players, you can erase the entire NetMD MiniDiscs completely with them. I've done this several times as I find it is way faster to eraser an entire MD this way than go through the bull crap Check in process.

• 11 years later...

Hi, the only way I know to erase netmd is to use an walkman or deck who has the "blankdisc" problem.

I have an old mz-r900, completely broken for play and record, but because he is broken for recording and didn't save TOC properly, it erase entire netmd. I keep it especially for that instead to throw it.

How to do it:

• Insert the netmd in player,
  • go  to end (end search) then record 4 or 5 seconds,
  • Stop, and wait for TOC edit is complete,
  • Eject and re-insert de md,
  • The minidisc is blank.

It could be handy to buy or find an old and very tired walkman/recorder (ask internet or friends), open it and cut the head that write TOC.

Edited by pat_elm

• 4 weeks later...