which one ?

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi :-)

I would buy an md (a gift birthday) but i hesitate between 2 of them : sony mz-n710 and sharp imdr420h :?

I know that they have some same specifications and a price difference (no problem for that) but i really hesitate.

Can they be used with all os ? According to you which one is the best ?

Thanks for your help :wink:

both of the softwares that ship with the two units should be fine and work with all the ms windows based OS'es to date...and depending on what you're using it for will determine the model...NetMD capabilities i think software wise Sony have more support than the Sharp but the Sharp's mic recording leaves tread marks over the Sony...

Guest Anonymous

well it's for a friend who listens and downloads much music and sometimes goes to concert.

I think that sharp's mic is better than sony's mic but excepted that it's true that both are great so it doesn't help me to choose lol

For sharp what does mean LP4 ?

Sharp's mic functionality is indeed better than Sony's but depends if you really need to use the NetMD download functionality from PC -> MD a lot or not...if u can do without then go for the Sharp... tongue.gif and what did u mean by for sharp what does mean lp4? did u want to ask me about what LP4 is??? or am i totally missing the point here??? sorry can't quite understand what you are trying to get at here...

Guest Anonymous

yes my friend often download music from the net so she will use netmd download fonctionality from PC->MD

i'm french sorry if i make few english mistakes :oops:

yes what LP4 is ? I read it on a sharp description but i don't know what it is

yes my friend often download music from the net so she will use netmd download fonctionality from PC->MD 

i'm french sorry if i make few english mistakes 

yes what LP4 is ? I read it on a sharp description but i don't know what it is

ok then i think you can get the Sony unit...shouldn't be too bad at recording since both my portable recording units are made by Sony and i record lectures and concerts fine with them...LP4 is basically LongPlay 4...meaning that it has 4x the recording length of SP (i.e. 74min or 80min depending on which MD disc u buy) at the cost of quality since it uses a LOT of lossy compression to get this much music onto an 80min MD...MD's these days have usually two modes...ShortPlay (SP) and LongPlay (LP)...SP is basically what all the oldest of MD's use while LP is something only newer units can record and read...LP itself has also two other modes...LP2 and LP4...LP2 is capable of recording 2x as much music onto an MD and LP4 4x as much...so if you have an 80min MD, u can record 80min (1hr 20min) in SP, 160min (2hr 40min) in LP2 and 320min (5hr 20min) in LP4...SP and LP2 sound fine since most users claim that they can't hear the difference on their portable units but LP4 does sound really bad for music...IMO it is only useful for recording lectures and things that you don't care about the quality of the recording...