Problems with NetMD: omgjbox.exe

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi There:

I have some problems with NetMD

I am using Sony NetMD Deck MDS-NT1 to convert my Mp3 to NetMD so as to play on sony R900.

It was troublesome but had been working fine.

Recently when i tried to convert the tracks, OpenMG would pop out an error box saying something like " omgjbox.exe has encountered problems, have to close the application" when the conversion to LP4 reached around 90% done. I had no choice but to close the OpenMG v2.2, the track would not be transferred to my MD.

I though it was some problems with my NetMD driver or the software, so I tried un-install and re-install the softwares, same problems happened. So I checked out this site and downloaded SonicStage v1.5 reinstalling the NetMD driver again.

However the same problem remains.

Does anyone knows how to resolve this issue?

thanx in advance.

P/S I tried the Nero/ Simple Burn method as taught on one the posting. I managed to convert to LP4. However I just wanna find out what happen to my system.

Guest Anonymous

I have check the forums and one mentioned something about replacing the 2 files from sonyshared/openmg/restorable

however I am using Win2000 and I do not have the "restorable" folder.

Guest Anonymous

Hi All:

I have done uninstalling everything, I have use RegClean to clean out all Sony registry. Re-install the NetMD driver and SonicStage....

and the same happens, upon reaching 90+% of the LP4 conversion to the NetMD, it would hang and show a window saying that omgjbox.exe has generated error and will be closed by windows...

I have ran out of ideas, please help.....

I am using a Win2000 system, prior to this, I can convert and record into the NetMD, I cant recall what I have done (or not done) that lead to this problem.

Please help................

OpenMG is terrible software, and this kind of thing is relatively normal. The most common way of fixing this kind of problem is to either try to download a patch to update OpenMG or try to download Sonicstage. Hunt around a little, you should be able to find downloads for both. I'll help you track down the links if you can't find them.

Guest Anonymous

thaxn Bazirker

i know OpenMG is a bad software. thus I switch to SonicStage when the conversion issue happened, but the same problems exist.

to me SonicStage is built on OpenMG technology, only the look and feel differs, that's why the same error msg "Omgjbox.exe encounters error...." came out on both OpenMg and SonicStage.

I am using SonicStage v1.5, is there a later version?

thanx

Just don't use Sonicstage or OpenMG. Instead, just use Dino's method and Simple Burner. I never, ever use anything but Simple Burner for NetMD because I hate all the protection mechanisms involved with OpenMG.

Have you tried patching Sonicstage with the latest patch, and does this conversion problem happen on all your files you try to convert? You might just have one bum file.

Guest Anonymous

Currently I have been using Dino's method of combining Nero image drive and Simple burner. thereafter I will use SonicStage to edit the tracks name.

i believe sonicstage v1.5 is the latest one?

i have a feeling that there is a clash in driver or sorts, however, simple burner works but not OpenMG and Sonic stage, that's kinda wierd