Simple Burner bug?!

Rate this topic

BerkY

Hey people!

I have downloaded the Simple Burner application and i have a problem that i couldnt solve as yet. The problem is this: The songs that appear on the right are all highlighted in black... Yes its pitch black and you cannot see what is writing underneath so its not the conventional highlighting we all know... So what is causing this? I have used the update to upgrade it to 1.00.03 or something like this but it hasnt gone away...

Can anyone help me? Its just that I hate the check-in, check-out business of SonicStage and simple burner is just, well, simple smile.gif

Cheers

BerkY

It highlights the black letters with a black background? I've never heard that one before, but Sony software never ceases to amaze me with things like that....

If a reinstallation of Simple Burner doesn't help, try maybe changing a color setting or two on your computer to see if that can at least temporarily fix it. That's such a weird, random problem...maybe there's something messed up with the disc itself, have you tried a different minidisc? Are you using the driver that came on the software disc that was packaged with your MD player? Maybe the update would help you out.

Well to tell you the truth I do not really know what the hell is wrong with Simple Burner... I mean SonicStage just works fine. Its just such a resource hog and slow that I want to use something with a much simple interface, it being the Simple Burner...

But after countless installations and updates, the problem is still there. I don'nt know if it has to do with the colour settings but I have changed the background to see if it made any difference and no luck there. I have changed disks and the problem did not go away. For your info, I am using the NetMD driver that came with the N910 package. I have update the SonicStage software from 1.05.06 to 1.05.53 from the European Minidisc Support page at http://www.support-nwwalkman.com/uk/default.asp in case you want to check it out.

The Simple Burner I downloaded was from one of the 'sticky' posts on this forum. I think it was a German site... May be that download is corrupt? Is there any other place I can download it from?!?!?

Cheers

BerkY

Dont have that in my control panel... I still use the good 'ol windows 98SE instead of Windows XP. I actualy do have the XP Pro but its a multi-boot system and SonicStage doesnt work in multi-boot environments. SO I only installed the simple burner and SonicStage in W98SE... Any solutions guys and gals?

Cheers

BerkY

Btw there is another person who has the same problem as me... He posted the same problem in the "October" forum as Sımple Burner Black List or something like that. I have also seen the same problem in another forum, Tminidisc I think it was.

Just thought you'd like to know...

Cheers

BerkY