Sony does not want Minidisc winning

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I think that the only solution is that Sony does not want Minidisc will be winning.

Is even more difficult to believe in MiniDisc.

I've Mac computer and for me is impossible to use NetMD.

The equipment is even less available, expecially car stereo.

Upload not possible

NetMD not for Macintosh

And now other HiMD limitation

Sony if you want to compete with other media, please make it more usable!

Why someone shoul be prefer MD at now?

Guest Anonymous

Because I really don't mind building a Hi-MD with perfect discography of an artist or two, even if it takes several days, I have time and I like recording manually.. and I have never needed any downloading/uploading features..

also, the thought that I can record ~500 of my all time favourite songs on one disc with good enough quality makes me very happy.

the new Hi-MD is just perfect for me, I don't have anything to complain.

Guest Anonymous

i think part of sony not supporting macs. has to do with the Apple corp itself. i high doubt that there would be willing to help a competitor support its platform because of the ipod. in fact they are really really irrate over realplayer 10 supporting itunes downloads. so sony isnt the only one to blame for its lack of mac. support. plus it seems silly as few mac users would buy a minidisc AS IT STANDS TODAY over the ipod AS IT STANDS TODAY

i think part of sony not supporting macs. has to do with the Apple corp itself. i high doubt that there would be willing to help a competitor support its platform because of the ipod.  in fact they are really really irrate over realplayer 10 supporting itunes downloads.  so sony isnt the only one to blame for its lack of mac. support.  plus it seems silly as few mac users would buy a minidisc AS IT STANDS TODAY over the ipod AS IT STANDS TODAY

You are extremely misinformed. THIS is how it "stands today"...

1) The iPod has nothing to do w/ support---many, many PC people own iPods. Sony won't support Macs BECAUSE THEY MAKE COMPUTERS! They want to sell their Apple-design-stealing Vaios.

2) I am a die-hard Mac user and own a MiniDisc deck, two portables and car unit. I'm certainly not alone.