Playing music advice: Using groups & playing ENTIRE mini

Rate this topic

olujosh

I have a SONY NET MD MZ-S1 WALKMAN, and I have Simple Burner and the OpenMG Jukebox.

What I've been doing with my minidiscs is recording them all in LP4 mode, in order to fit as many albums of a certain artist onto a MD as possible.

In a perfect world, (let's use A TRIBE CALLED QUEST for an example)

I would love to have their 5 albums on one minidisc. I would like to GROUP them, seperating them (obviously) by album.

And then, what I would like to do, is to have the ENTIRE MINIDISC play ALL THE WAY THROUGH, from track one of "People's Instinctive Travels And The Paths Of Rhythm" (Their first album) until the last track of "The Love Movement".

Furthermore, (in this perfect world) I would like to be able to hit SHUFFLE and be able to hear a track from their first album, then something from their 3rd album etc. (bouncing around from album to album).

IS THIS POSSIBLE? Seems to me that it would be.

Mine only shuffles within a group, and when I listen straight through, when it gets to the last track of an album, it stops.

I figured it was just something with the way I was configuring the MD when I put it together.

p.s. - they don't make anything bigger than 80 minute MDs do they?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I'm not sure why that's a problem. I can do it on my N505.

I've a Morcheeba disc, LP4, with three or four albums on it. If I turn off the group function, it plays in order. That means after the last track of group 1, I get the first track of group 2.

Shuffle play will shuffle within a group if groups are on, or the whole disc if groups are off.