a few questions here, pls help

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi...someone bought me a Net MD MZ-N505 2 years ago i think...yet, a few month ago, the problem of "BLANKDISC" happened to me

i felt really frustrated about it , and the MD Player will never record anything again..

So, my dad gave me his old MD which is not a NetMD, it's a MZR700 instead. He gave me only the player, and he told me that he lost the optical/Line in LINE,

so my question is...

i bought a line which is quite simliar and its both sides ended with heads which are exactly the same with the earphones one

so is it correct? or i need to buy the original one comes with the SONY MD?

will the quality be better?

the other question is: at the back of the PC, there are 3 holes (speakers, mic and the other one i don't know what it is...line in for the PC may be ), so is LINE OUT = the speaker hole?

the last question is that, i find that the sync record mode doesn't work properly, while i recorded 40 songs from the PC, and inside the MD there are 12 tracks....and each track contains about 3-4 somtimes 2 songs... sad.gif

so when i want to fade one song to listen the next of it, it's really difficult for me...i need to fast forward..in order to listen to what i want to...

Guest Anonymous

The quality may be better or worse than that of an analog PClink, depending on how good your soundcard is and how good the cable is.

Sync recording doesn't work for you because it's a feature made for optical(digital) recording from a CD player or DVD player. You can, however, insert your own trackmarks by pressing the TrMark button at the desired time. Once you have all your trackmarks set, I recommend you move the slider on the disc so that it's read-only, so you won't accidentally change the trackmarks later.

so my question is...

i bought a line which is quite simliar and its both sides ended with heads  which are exactly the same with the earphones one

so is it correct? or i need to buy the original one comes with the SONY MD?

will the quality be better?

Don't worry, a generic cable is fully sufficient.

the other question is: at the back of the PC, there are 3 holes (speakers, mic and the other one i don't know what it is...line in for the PC may be ), so is LINE OUT = the speaker hole?

That's the line out, as all computer speakers have their own amplifiers. Use that.

the last question is that, i find that the sync record mode doesn't work properly, while i recorded 40 songs from the PC, and inside the MD there are 12 tracks....and each track contains about 3-4 somtimes 2 songs...  :(  

so when i want to fade one song to listen the next of it, it's really difficult for me...i need to fast forward..in order to listen to what i want to...

The Sync works correctly, your music is the problem.

For the track marks to appear correctly, the recorder needs a few seconds silence, so if there is no silence between tracks, there is no trackmark as well. As the previous poster wrote, use the T Mark button to add marks during recording or later during playback.

If you don't have a manual for the recorder, look here : http://www.minidisc.org/manuals/sony/sony_...r700_manual.pdf

Hope, this helps.