MZ-N1 Weird problems, and some general Q/A

Rate this topic

Ordeith656

Firstly, heyas all, I'm new to this forum and a very staunch supporter of the MD format. My first md player/recorder was purchased last christmas, as a gift for myself (sony mz-n1).

Now:

1. Today as I was jogging to school, I heard a beep while listening to my md player. I looked at the remote and it said 'read error'. I couldn't get the player to read the disc for a while. After class, I tried it again, and it worked - but on and off it seems not to be able to read the disc. I only have one disc, so I haven't been able to test whether or not it's the actual unit that is failing, or whether the disc i've been using over the last year is dying. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Using openmg Jukebox to transfer/encode mp3s to atrac and send them to my unit seems to take quite a substantial amount of resources (I'm on an athlon 2800xp with a gig of ram, 7200 8mb buffer hdisks etc) so it surprises me; are there any less resource intensive alternatives?

Sorry if these questions have been asked many times, but it's 1 am and am a tad lazy to search at the moment

Thanks in advance all!