Hi-MD delayed till May

Rate this topic

A440

All I have information on is the USA, so let's not extrapolate.

Kurisu, of course I understand your skepticism, but my information comes directly from a Sony executive in a position to know. I'll be as happy as anyone if I'm proved wrong in April.

Does anyone on this forum have an official pipeline to Sony?

um, i thought u had contacts from Sony? so aren't u the one who's the direct connect to Sony????

Connection to insiders is one thing,

having an information signed and officially released by management or press department is a whole different thing.

So the information might be correct, it is just not confirmed officially.

However, I suggest that we await the CeBit, as tradeshows like this are used for official announcements.

Heck, it's only ten more days...

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, hate to say it, but this is looking more and more to be true.

I called buyriteelectronics to ask when the NH1 would be "back in stock" (since their site only said it was out of stock, heh), and the lady I spoke with informed me that it hadn't be released yet, said she'd see if she could find a release date, put me on hold, then came back to tell me that Sony had pushed release back to May. :sad:

Made a few more phone calls... this is what I was told:

Onecall.com: according to their p.o. - they should recieve them approximately May 3rd.

Datavis.com: available sometime in April.

Minidisco.com: April or May but they heard it was delayed and don't expect it until May... they didn't indicate any official word from Sony so who knows how accurate that is.

Meh. Seems like it's up in the air, I'll cross my fingers that etronics gets it in April. I guess my assumption all along has been that it would show up in the latter half of April, and May 3 isn't far from the end of April...

I just hate waiting! hehe....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the release date for Japan was always going to be June. That is what Sony said in the original announcement, so that doesn't indicate any delay for the Japanese market. I think they were trying to accelerate it for the US market to fight ipod and itunes, but it looks like they might be behind schedule.

DataVision lists the NH900 and the NH-1 as "In Stock"!  

What is that all about?

http://datavis.com/webapp/commerce/command...12&prmenbr=2000

First off, welcome to the forums Mashinkun + jay_zhead. :happy:

I am most familiar with that site, and I recall looking at the same exact listing last month. It was "in stock" then, as well. I promise you that they do not have this unit in stock, it is impossible. :sleep:

Just got off the phone with the sales, and they said the MZ-NH1 is now back ordered, they had a few instock, and new shipment will arrive on Wendsday ( 7th ) , or next week.

Im not keeping my hopes up until I get a tracking number for the shipped item.

I'll post if I get a tracking number XD

Just got off the phone with the sales, and they said the MZ-NH1 is now back ordered, they had a few instock, and new shipment will arrive on Wendsday ( 7th ) , or next week.

Im not keeping my hopes up until I get a tracking number for the shipped item.  

I'll post if I get a tracking number XD

Wow! Really? If it does ship, I'm ordering a NH900 that same instant you post it did!

*fingers crossed*

Hey guys, I found a little trick at www.datavis.com

Go there and search for the MZ-NH900 and it will find it with the price of $299, but there is a link below it that says Get Latest Price. Click it, throw in an email address ( a bogus addy should work) and then it takes you to another page that shows the item at $239!!! And you can order it!! I emailed and requested they cancel my current order, so I can reorder at the new lower price and save some $$.

Just thought I'd share that.

I was able to cancel my order from Datavis, and then resubmit it for the $239 price. Total came out to $250 and a little change shipped UPS.

Now all I have to do is WAIT for it!

I also did sign up for the email notification, so I should get that before it ships. I'll poast here when I get the notification.

I never baught anything from there before, the Hi MD would be the 1st one. They seem be be VERY slow at replying e-mails, I must of sent over 6 e-mails in the past 2 weeks asking questions on Hi-MD, and also to cancel the 1st transaction I baught.

So far, NO replies at all, Ill just give them a call on Monday nxt week and speak to the sales, they are pretty quick at picking up the phones last tiem I called ;p

Hi all....I'm new here and don't know if this has been discussed. I'm a little surprised that the new HD MD will be released in the USA first, considering that "regular" minidisc is not that big here....but i guess with the new format it will greatly appeal to US customers. Does anyone know where on the internet to find the best prices for the new HD blank discs? Are they available yet? Any idea what the best prices on the internet will be for the blanks? Also, the first unit released in the US....would this be the one to get (i don't remember the model number). Or should we wait for another model? What will this first release NOT have that the next models will have and when can we expect the next models to come out? thanks, cracker1018

My best guess would be the streets..for nething with a good price go store hopping. n i'm talking bout in New York..other wise keep monitoring minidisco.com i find their stuff to be cheap especially after say 6 months of their debut u find they drop their prices lower than almost ne retailer of the products.