Delays in writing TOC

Rate this topic

biggles

I havea Sony MZ-N10 which, up until now, has been used purely for listening purposes.

I have just started to use it for recording audio from video shoots. I have noticed that after a longish 'shoot' (say 5 minutes or more) it seems to take a very long time to either save data or edit the TOC.

Is this normal or is there something wrong with my MD unit?

Hm, just did some more testing. I tried recording 5secs, 10 secs, 15secs etc and everything went well until I recorded 30 secs. Then it just went into limbo, but this time flashing TOC Edit for ever (now up to 6 minutes and still going!)

What expereinces have people had with Sony after sales service? At least it's still in warranty!

if it's still under warranty take it back...they will fix it free of charge...after the warranty has expire they will fix it but at a price..the time taken for the unit to be repaired varies...it was around 2 odd weeks for my N1 to get back to me....but generally the service is generally good...

• 3 weeks later...