Question of curiosity about MZ-N505 & things

Rate this topic

aethyrmaster

MZ-N707 = What color do you prefer?  

1. 1. MZ-N707 = What color do you prefer?

• Black/Red
    • Blue/Silver
    • White/Silver (Not available in USA, international only)

I understand that this unit does not have a mic in, but can the line-in be used as a mic jack with a self-powered mic?

Also, What is up with all the new units coming out right before Hi-MD? Sony now has a MZ-NF520D, and MZ-NF420D, apparently build on the NE410 platform(the LCDs on the unit are the same style). Any information on the difference between the three?

Actually, the N707 does have a mic-in. The line-in could also be used with a powered mic (or normal mic + battery box/pre-amp) with potentially better results...

I voted Black/Red. I'd love to have had one in this colour, but they don't do them here (UK), so I got the blue/silver instead, which is still very nice. The White/Silver would have been a no-no as far as I'm concerned.

The NF520D and 420D are standard NetMD downloaders only, so no line-in, let alone mic-in. Low-end, don't know the differences, but with Hi-MD looming, don't really want to know. I guess Sony are keeping a foot in the door of std-MD, just in case Hi-MD flops...

Sorry, here's some info:

MZ-NF420D

MZ-NE410

MZ-NF520D

Cheers