PCLK-U5

Rate this topic

nexgod

Since you have a non-NetMD recorder, all transfers between the PC and your unit will be in 1:1 realtime. There is no faster method available for this unit.

After installing the link you would need to set it as your default sound device in the computer, and then slide the record button on the R909 [since it's digital, you won't have to worry about track marks or anything like that, maybe] and press play on whatever music-playback program you're employing. It won't start recording on the unit until it hears music, but make sure you at least slide the rec button before you play the music.

http://www.avland.co.uk/sony/pclkmn20/

The SONY PCLK-MN20 USB > Minidisc PC Link Kit

Allow the transfer of music from PC to compatible MD Decks

New software version of the PCLK-MN10 Compatible with Windows XP, 98/ME and 2K

Group edit function

Internet CDDB (CD Database) compatible

USB Connection provides an optical digital output

Editing functions compatible with the following UK models MDS-JE470, MDS-JE770,MXD-D40,MDS-S50

I don't know what the PCLK-U5 is but the MN20 is for decks only--it is NOT for portable recorders, AFAIK.

Your best bet is to simply get a Xitel DG2 USB to Optical Digital Output adapter and use that--it's what they used to package with the "DPC" MD units before NetMD came out.

You can get one for less than $30 US on eBay last I checked, anyway. Also using the DG2 will get you track marks without using "spacer" files, provided you use WMP 8 or earlier (Windows Media Player 9 will work but discrete mode will not work) or if you use the earlier version of WinAmp (not the latest version) or if you use MusicMatch Jukebox.

You don't get any titling features with it though--that isn't really possible with anything unless you go the DIY route... I remember back in the day you could construct a cable that went from the remote-port section of a Sony portable to a PCs serial port. There was software from a couple of developers available as well to necessitate titling etc.

Check out the "Hacking" section (on the minidisc.org main page) and the sub-section "MD Control Via Electrical Interface" and then the "For portables" subsection for more details on such a connection.