Sharp IMDR-80 / simple burner software questions

Rate this topic

lforman

I just got a Sharp IMDR-80 with the Japanese version of BeatJam. I have no interest in installing this software (its in Japanese), and would like to use simple burner with nero as described in other posts.

I have the BeatJam CD, with i guess the drivers in the CD. Does anybody know how I install the drivers separately. Maybe this is a really easy question, but everything is in japanese.

I'd love to hear others who have had sucess using SB with a Sharp.

And I don't understand the copyright issue for USB uploading. I am a muscian and record my own stuff. I should be able to upload through USB. Oh well for now I'll go up using analog.

Lisa

Sony MZ90, Sharp MT770, Sharp IMDR-80

• 1 month later...

I also have Sharp IMDR-80 with the Japanese version of BeatJam. I didn't like the software at all. It just simply sucked. I found this site a few days ago and found out about Sonic Stage, and Simple burner so I downloaded and they work fine with my Sharp MD recorder. I think you have to install BeatJam in order to install the driver but you may be able to hook up the system to your PC and let your PC find the driver from the CD. I had BeatJam installed already and when i got Sonic Stage and simple burner, I uninstalled BeatJam, deleted all the sharp files in program files, then installed the new softwares. Then when I connected my Sharp MD to PC through USB, Windows XP found the driver on PC so I didn't have to insert the BeatJam disc.

I don't know if this helps you or not. I don't know much about uploading so I can't answer your question. I like Sonic Stage better than BeatJam but when I record using OpenMG, sound cracks on some songs. I started using Nero + Nero Image Drive + Simple Burner method, and it works great. I haven't figured out how to make SimplerMD though but that's because I use Nero 6 instead of Nero 5.5.