Sony MZ-NH600D Hi-Md Pictures [warning to dial-up]

Rate this topic

Ryzir

:smile: can't wait for this page to end...don't like scroling to the side..

talk about big..the unit's like clumsy looking like the S1 but remember that's an entry/budget unit...it's made to look that way...speaking of budget units i''m thinking pretty soon they'll make every thing on mds a standard cuz this can use a remote..:wink: unlike previous entry models....ne who.................

The side where the headphones plug into the 600D shows a jack for a remote.  Does this mean the really cool MZNH1 3 line remote may possibly work in this unit if it is sold separately?

Maybe not the 3-line version, but the version of the NH900 and so on works on practical every unit with remote jack and is sold by e.g. minidisco.com

I tested the 3-line remote of the NH1 on my N10 and then only 1 line of the 3-lines is used (and 1 gives the tracknumber because there is no separate space to display it).

Well, MDFreak, what's your take on it?  Amazon UK said it is coming out at the beginning of Aug, and I would like to buy one.  So I guess what I like to know it, is there anything you DON'T like about the NH1?

It is a little difficult to say what I like and what I like not because what I like maybe you don't like.

We already gave our findings to the MDCP and you can find them here:

http://www.minidisc.org/himd_mdcenter_news.html

There is also a part about the NH1 itself.

Thanks for the link. Being too lazy to start another topic, from that link you sent:

" We did not succeed in ripping CD-audio in PCM format and transferring it directly to MD."

It's not very clear to me, what's the source of the above? ripping Cd- audio from a real CD player via a fiber optic cable link? Or do you mean from a computer Cd-rom drive, can't rip the Cd audio in PCM format to the MD?

But what about the out dates of the NH1 and the 900?

i called sony last week, they say it's already in june(for Europe), i think that consumers section doesn't know anything.... i hope that new Hi-MD will be available in EU before august, or we have to wait september....

it's difficult that Hi-MD will be available first in europe than US :sad:

I think he refers to the fact that in PC to Hi-MD donwload, PCM is converted to Atrac and reconverted to PCM by the unit (as previously for SP with Net MD).

That's good news. As long as from a real CD stereo player, it can convert PCM to the Hi MD, I don't care about the computer part, providing that is really what MDfreak was saying.

• 2 years later...