(Flamebait) The iPod experience :p (!56k)

Rate this topic

skyther

Since we never get any fun around here...

user posted image

"Helppp!! Noo, someone save me!!"

user posted image

Skinning the iPod alive... mwahahaha!

user posted image

Flipping the 2 halves of the box open reveals Steve's message to you... "Enjoy".

user posted image

"Don't steal music", Steve reminds you... buy all your music from iTMS so we can profit more since we sold you the iPod for dirt cheap! :laugh: But wait, there *IS* no iTMS in Australia... :sleep: Anyway, be a good boy and keep those ugly 128Kbps MP3s away from me.

user posted image

Turning the iPod on with the wrap still on...

user posted image

Backlight on, backlight off...

user posted image

A magic trick, a mirrored twin!

user posted image

Everything, including the accessories, are as white as snow, nicely wrapped and packaged in a classy looking package.

user posted image

2 iPods sitting side by side amongst a garbage landfill.

It's nice when some things are designed to give the user a complete satisfying experience, right from even opening the package. Mmmm. :happy:

If one died, don't you think I would be scared enough not to buy another and give it praise? rolleyes.gif Good grief, some people are so negative.

There isn't anything else to 'upgrade' for when it already is the best around (for portable fidelity, at least)... tongue.gif I'm expecting Apple to introduce cost cutting measures to the iPod line soon, given the falling prices and rising popularity. I spotted 3 iPod users on a single train ride today, one of them flaunting it in his hand with a white skin.

I should buy an iHP just to tell you how good it sounds hmm? Then I would be lying to myself by promoting a product that's actually shit. rolleyes.gif

Obviously I've tried iHPs, fool. I even got to keep a friend's one for 2 days. Jumping to conclusions is not smart.

Man that skytherx guy is generous. He sent me his other iPod. I'll review it when it arrives.

In regards to a satisfying experience right from opening the box, I don't regard a reminder in 3 languages to not steal music particularly satisfying. I'm going to put all my stolen tunes on it first.

Where's the remote? Unlike MD players, you don't need a remote to use the unit in all it's splendor. You don't have to mess around with these remotes which break after less than 6 months.

Where's the mic? Tell me, somebody tell me, please tell me... where's the mic in on an R500? Who needs a line in when you can record at 11MB/s from a computer.

It's fairly obvious to everyone but the stupid (you) that we chose iPods knowing we weren't going to do any recording.

Here's the criteria, chump:

-Easy to transfer tunes to and from device.

-No restrictions

(Notice, this rules out Hi-MD)

-Small (I owned an E10 and played with it next to an iPod, the difference really is scant unless you're pedantic)

-Enough battery life for a day or two of light listening

-Warranty that's valid in this country

Sorry for being inflammatory, but I didn't think it really needed to be beaten home as much as it did.

In other news, the iPod mini is now available in Australia for AU$399, and in NZ for NZ$489. 4GB and only a little smaller/lighter than the regular iPod? Get stuffed. But you know it's going to be popular. I bet they're sold out already and it's only been available about 12 hours.

Here's something I have to say about the iPod.

Battery life is shorter than i'm used to.

Froze twice.

Here's something else I have to say about the iPod:

It sounds fantastic. The bassless comments come from the iPod earbuds. By the way, those earbuds gave me a swollen ear for a week. I don't believe it. I'm never letting them get anywhere near my ears again.

It syncs most everything. Like the clock. My ipod is synced to an atomic clock through my PC.

You can use it as a phonebook for your friends, and you can use it as a cheat book for your calculus exam.

Interface is seamless. It's like a physical iTunes.

It does most everything computer based better than MD. The only problem you'll have is with copy protected CDs. Lately they seem to have been putting the SCMS bit to "copy" so your MD can't copy that digitally though. However you can get an SCMS stripper and send it through to your PC. Then iTunes can deal to it.

That's all.

• 4 weeks later...