Sony MDR-Ex71SL/ MDRV500DJ

Rate this topic

joplin

Hi

When The MZ-NH1 is released this month in Canada I want to get headphones that will enhance the volume of the MZ-NH1. I want to increase the volume of the music if that is possible.What is important to me is that the headphones aren't bulky,earplugs or small headphones.

What features should I look for in a headphone to accomplish this volume increase?

Thanks

Greg Joplin :cool:

Moved to the phones forum. Not everything belongs in the Hi-MD forum. Look for the right forum next time, thank you.

Look at the SPL and impedance/resistance ratings. The higher the SPL and lower the impedance values, the more volume you will get. However, for your own safety, I will recommend earplugs or small closed headphones against your will. This is to protect the environment (and yourself) from the damage done to both you and your surroundings as a result of blasting your music at 30/30 and pissing everyone around you off, should you get bashed in the head by an old lady or a group of punks.

Hi

I'm planning on getting the MZ-NH 1 when it's released and wonder which of the above headphones would be better as far as noticing a louder volume on the MZ-NH1. I was told on this forum to look for a higher SPL and lower impedance. I don't this to my music really loud but on the other hand I like to know that if i'm listening to it at half volume it is plenty loud and I still have more volume to go.

I hope I've made myself clear in this matter?

Thanks for your help.

Greg Joplin

Stick to one thread for your related questions please. Don't make my work hard. :whatever:

Anyway, most people upgrade their phones for better sound quality, not volume headroom. The EX71s will do fine, but the V500s (I once owned the V700s, once upon a time...) don't exactly sound good, unless you're a basshead.

• 1 month later...

Why is one person's opinion discountable vs another person's? You may think he is inexperienced, but this person is simply expressing his own opinion and his experience.

Just because you may think that he is not an expert, doesn't mean that he can't contribute.