MZNH1 (Gold) Japanese Model Pictures

Rate this topic

DrZhivago

Hi. Here are some pictures of my newly arrived MZNH1 that i ve taken last night. I ll post few comments (my thoughts) later. Sorry for pic quality cuz im shitty photographer with shitty camera. smile.gif

user posted image

Here MZNH1(right) next to MZN900

user posted image

Remote in english smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Mzn710,Mzn910,Mznh1 from left to right

user posted image

mzn910 and Mznh1

user posted image

As said, it just that I'm crappy @ taking pictures. Yeah it does look silverish but that's because of camera flashlight smile.gif. I have tried to make some adjustments to my camera but heh eh. Overall,unit looks really sleek. It's very small and pictures don't do the justice until you hold it in your hand. This is smallest and lightest??(hm never had MZN1 or MZN10) MD Sony has ever made. One line display on the unit, initialy comes as a shock because it is so tiny.(pictures can be misleading). In daylight it is ok because its very sharp display and you can look at it from quite few angles. Thing I found is that it can be very tricky looking at it under artificial light (light bulb etc). I am not sure if this applies only to gold unit but magnesium casing of MZNH1 glares back straight into your eyes, and I kid you not it may dazzle you. :wacky: Another thing with it, is that is really sensitive to fingerprints. You touch it and it leaves greasy like mark on the unit.

Remote control is defaulted to Japanese, but can be switched to english only without any problems. Remote itself has an awkward feel to it. I found it difficult to use without bending and twisting my fingers. Display is crisp but nothing sensational. This remote supports older generation of minidiscs. I have tested it with MZN910 and MZN710. It displays 2 line text on MZN910. Jog dial on remote works only with MZNH1 and I am not sure if it would work with other Hi-MD units.

Japanese model comes supplied with USB cable but no optical cable. Supplied headphones are MDR838 and :sad: and they are nothing to write home about. Unit also comes with Sonic Stage 2.1 (Japanese) software.

Edit:

For those people who really appreciate decent on unit display,MZNH1 may not be the best choice. It's probably the best that you see it for yourself when it becomes available locally and make up your own mind. I am quite content with single line display on main unit.

Sound quality

Well,I am not an audiophile and lot of it has already been said before. In my opinion MZNH1 sounds little bit better than (MZN910,MZN10). Sound is (how to say) more focused. I would agree that digital amp makes the difference. Volume is mighty too. It goes up to 30,and its much more powerful than MZN910 that I compared against.

Cheers

DrZhivago:

1) is it made in Japan?

2) How are you going to get an English ver. of sonic Stage 2.1?

=============

FOr those who own the silver unit, is the remote also hard to use?

:grin: It is made in Japan. But be careful! Remote and power supply are made in China :laugh:

Remote is exactly the same for two MZNH1 models (gold/silver)

What's new in Sonic Stage 2.1 ??? How is it better than SS 2.0?

Dr. Zhivago:

1) Is the electricity 115V, 60Hz, i.e., are you living in North America? Have you try the adapter and it works? As I can't see how can a Japanese ver of NH1, in which in Japan, it is 220V, 50Hz over there, has the right plug and adapter to work in NOrth America electric outlet system.

So is the plug of the adaptor the NEMA 15? i.e., two thin connects for positive and negative and a round connect for ground?

2) I don't have any Sonic Stage. So how can I get this software if I buy the Japanese ver. of NH1?

=======

For those who own the silver unit, is the remote made in China as well? As well, is the unit sensitive to finger print?

Dr. Zhivago:

1) Is the electricity 115V, 60Hz, i.e., are you living in North America?  Have you try the adapter and it works?  As I can't see how can a Japanese ver of NH1, in which in Japan, it is 220V, 50Hz over there, has the right plug and adapter to work in NOrth America electric outlet system.

So is the plug of the adaptor the NEMA 15?  i.e., two thin connects for positive and negative and a round connect for ground?

2) I don't have any Sonic Stage.  So how can I get this software if I buy the Japanese ver. of NH1?

=======

For those who own the silver unit, is the remote made in China as well?  As well, is the unit selective to finger print?

No. I live in Australia and our electricity is 240 V 50 Hz. When you buy from Japan,most places would offer you voltage converter. I received mine for free (courtesy of JD) :rasp: . It converts to 100 V.

If you have to use the voltage converter hypothetically, does the end goes in the NH1 unit fits well? SO basically, are we still using the Sony Adaptor (the one made in CHina) to charge the unit and connects to that voltage adaptor?

Or are we using the voltage adaptor directly connects one end to the wall, the other end to the NH1?

And what about the wall end? Is it the NEMA 15 that I describe above?

I have one as well.  How do you change the default language to English?

Press and hold jog-dial for 2 seconds. (Remember different menu items appear when you just click or when you press and hold).

Scroll down and select last option from menu.(Click)

Select 9 option (click)

Select 1 option (click)

Voila . English.

DrZivalgo, where did u order your Gold Japanese NH1 from? Also the silver colour would also be a Japanese model right?

that's an interesting question. We buy the gold ver. because it is gold and other countries doesn't carry it.

but the silver color one is made in malaysia, for almost the same price, why not buy the silver one from Japan as well?

Anyhow, audiocube.com also has the silver one, and they are in MN, and is $10 more, but shipping is cheaper.

that's an interesting question. We buy the gold ver. because it is gold and other countries doesn't carry it.

but the silver color one is made in malaysia, for almost the same price, why not buy the silver one from Japan as well?

Anyhow, audiocube.com also has the silver one, and they are in MN, and is $10 more, but shipping is cheaper.

Silver color NH1 is made in Malaysia????(is this only from Japan Direct or other places too like Audio Cubes?) I want a silver colored Japanese domestic model NH1 thats made in Japan.

If you want that one from Japan, silver color, then you have to go thru Audio Cube, or Japan direct, pick the one w/ the lowest shipping cost as their price difference is only $10.

Unless there are other co. that imported Japanese ver. of NH1 other than Audio Cube.

==========================

Kurisu, thanks for the manual, I appreciate it. It saves my time and money to photocopy it in case the Japanese import manual is in Japanese language only.

I just discover a new and rather serious problem about buying the 220V, 50Hz model, so please help:

Can I connect my MDR-V600 or MDR-V900 on to this Japanese ver. of NH1 (gold)? I bought my V600, and the upcoming v900 locally in USA.

As I presume the audio mini-plug on my V600 or V900 works only with 115V, 60Hz system.

As the internal of the unit without the recharger seems to gear for 200-220V, 50Hz. system.

The headphones have nothing to do with the line voltage of the charger.

The problem lies somewhere else: the Impedance of the headphones.

If it is low, 20 - 40 Ohms, you get a decent volume out of it, if it is high, 300 to 600 Ohms, the volume won't be very strong.

In that case, an extra amp, like the Boostaroo is recommended.

Just check thew supplied data and you'll see.

Oh, and that is not specific for the NH1 either, this question arises for all portables...

No problem, HH.

If anyone orders anything from audiocubes, make sure you click on our affiliate banner on the top of the forums [if you don't see it hit refresh a few times] to get there first. :happy:

I'm planning to order from Audiocubes later on(just need $100 more :wink: ) Why click on the affiliate banner??? Whats it do?

Where,da hell all this Malaysia made MZNH1 paranoia is coming from??!

MZNH1 units ARE NOT made in Malaysia. Even if they were what's the problem with that??

Cheers

In another "heated" thread, someone said all the silver one shipped to North America are made in malasyia.

I bought a sony ES 5.1 Digital integrated amp receiver that is made in malasiya. The remote drain out the lithium Ion battery and the Durcell 4 x AA in under 1 mth.

I sent in for repair, they claimed they fixed it, and the problem repeated again.

My Sony Jog Shuttle dial VHS is also from malasiya. A lot of small problems that really annoys me. Bugs in the controls, SHuttle dial didn't mount to the exact frame, etc.

So even if it is $100 higher, I'll buy the one made in Japan, and pick the gold color while I'm at it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php...2950ba953ad6814

Colors available: Silver (World Tourist Model)

I am in the midst of wrapping up all my needed items from AudioCube, and saw the above:

1) Does that mean the gold color is no longer available?

2) Do I have to buy the "World Tourist Model" and pay the extra $20? I'm a bit confused about that. Does anyone gone thru audiocube lately?