Have a Hi-MD question that doesn't need a thread? [part III]

Rate this topic

Christopher

Do you mean you go 'Import' in SonicStage and then select your whole music folder, which say has 100's if not 1000's of music files in it?

If you answered yes, then you do what I do.

I have 1000's of music songs, that I want to import into SS. What you do, is make sure not many other apps are running, and then go Import, then select your folder, and leave it for say maybe 1 or 2hrs. Then come back to your PC, and all your music should be there.

With my SS, it says.. Searching.. Or whatever it says.. And then for maybe 10-30 mins.. When I press Ctrl + Alt + Del, it says SS NOT RESPONDING, but I just leave it running, come back 1-2hrs later, and all my music has been imported

Hope this helps!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i leave it(ss v2.2) going for hours and it gets stuck on one song. at this point i have to restart my computer(1.47 ghz processor, winxp). then i tried to do just one song and it worked but the song sounds horrible. the music has beeps and strange noises. i also tried the conversion tool and it gets stuck on the first song and i have to restart the computer. any suggestions?

in all of your people's oppinions is there any noticable difference between the two?

If you listen closely with good headphones(the 150$ class and up),

you will hear a small difference, the 105k being a little bit rougher.

You wont hear that difference, when being on the road, especially in a noisy environment.

It is still better than Hi-LP...

If you listen closely with good headphones(the 150$ class and up),

you will hear a small difference, the 105k being a little bit rougher.

You wont hear that difference, when being on the road, especially in a noisy environment.

It is still better than Hi-LP...

so is this like a middle ground bit rate between 66/64kpbs and 132?

@Rombusters: It is, leaning to the 132k-side qualitywise.

Just did a quick 1 song test and noticed that while 105 sounded decent it lost a lot of base and definition that 132 has

anyways i noticed something really weird about SonicStage, not that, thats a surprise to anyone on this forum...

anyways i have 2 CD-ROM drives in my computer.

One DVD-ROM drive made by Toshiba

One DVD+-DLRW drive made by BenQ

when i place a CD into the benQ drive it reads it at a very high speed, i can hear the drives motor going pretty well however when placed into my toshiba drive its locked at a very slow rate of transfer and drive speed.

both drives are set up the same with the only difference being the audio cables are attached to the toshiba

any ideas any1?

@Rombusters: That's a normal effect. Mostly the firmware of the CD/DVD-Drive is responsible for slow reading.

@walkindude: Yes, that is possible. In SonicStage there is a button at the bottom in the transfer window.

On MZ-NH700 and up, it also can be done on the recorder itself.

See the manual under 'Assigning tracks or groups as a new group(Group Set)'.

would it be practical to carry a copy of SS around on a HI-MD that you can install on others' computers to facilitate listening to the disc through USB?  

i have no idea how much setting-up effort it would take to get to the point of just listening to the disc, as ive never used SS

It's actually quite easy, and I've done it myself. Installing SS from the ZIP files onto a new PC only takes a few minutes. I have a MD with the SonicStage v2.2 installation on it that I carry with me. More troublesome, however, is removing it from the PC when you're done. The UNInstall does not remove any of the registry stuff.... and SS uses a LOT of registry keys.

thanks ksandbergfl

can I use sonicstage to transfer (and convert) mp3s from my hard drive  to a HIMD  without it saving .omg files of the music on my hard drive as well?

this is a job for the simple burner application.

have a look at the thread

http://forums.minidisc.org/viewtopic.php?t=5552

thanks, i always wondered what SimpleBurner was for... its an aptly titled program

but im looking for a way to get mp3s i already have on my computer to my HI-MD without creating oma/omg copies of the music on my harddrive

currently soniocstage converts the music to atrac while transfering to the recorder, but also creates oma/omg files of the music in the sonic stage folder on my computer

so now there are two occurences of the music on my harddrive, one is the original mp3 and one is the new atrac... its a waste of space

i cant find anything in the options to change that

i guess i could create a virtual cd of the image i want and rip that to the recorder with simpleburner (im assuming this would not also create copies on your HD) but thats a pain

anyways i am glad i found out about simpleburner, it'll be very handy for CDs... its like a little vacation away from sonicstage

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I wanted to ask a quick question, and found this thread :lol: yeeea, ok well I just wanted to ask about the power output of the EH1 compared to the the atrac walkmans. Possibly a question for atraclife but felt as people here have the eh1 its better to ask here. My r909 can power my ath-a900's just enough to be able to listen to them away from home if I need to, but my hd5, cant power them for love nor money. Both are rated at 5mw per channel which doesnt mean jack as the hd5 is weaker. Is the EH1 as powerful as my r909, ish? you own an r900 and an eh1 right?

Is the EH1 as powerful as my r909, ish? you own an r900 and an eh1 right?

Heh... is this query directed at me? Nice to know that I have a nickname here. ;)

Yes, in fact I do own both the R900 and the EH1. However, I have not used the R900 in a long time to give you a fair comparison. If I remember correctly, both units have identical headphone amp - rated at 5mW+5mW. So, sound output should be about the same; but of course the amp engine so to speak is different between the two units.

• 3 weeks later...

Continued from this thread: http://forums.minidisc.org/viewtopic.php?t=4998

Not to be pretentious, but I know alot of Hi-MD [and so do some of the regulars]. I also notice that in threads people will come in and ask questions about Hi-MD in a thread that is related to such, but not what's related to the actual topic, etc.

So, as a Hi-MD guru, I will entertain all one-liners here! Feel free to ask me anything. If your question is more than one line, please post a thread instead!

:happy:

Hi,

I'm new to Hi MD and this forum

I've just bought a MZ-NHF800. I recorded with a mic onto a 'standard' mini disc, but the player treated it as a HI-MD as I did'nt change recording mode in edit command. Is there a way of changing this disc back to a 'standard' mini disc format?

Thanks

Alright, I have no idea if this has been posted yet, so scorn me if you must. (But there's no way in hell I'm going to peruse 13 pages.)

Is there a faster way to power down the MZ-NH1? I know it powers down after a period of inactivity, but that takes way too long for me to consider it effective. I've taken to removing the battery now. And I'd rather not do that, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alright, I have no idea if this has been posted yet, so scorn me if you must. (But there's no way in hell I'm going to peruse 13 pages.)

Is there a faster way to power down the MZ-NH1? I know it powers down after a period of inactivity, but that takes way too long for me to consider it effective. I've taken to removing the battery now. And I'd rather not do that, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can disable the quick start, but what are you saving by pulling the battery, these units have great battery life, if it is an issue, find another battery for spare,

enjoy your NH1, and welcome to our world.

Bob

Just a quick question, in the rh10 options, you can set the disc mode. There seems to be no point in this option as you cannot record in MD mode, and the disc mode is selected automatically when you insert a disc. What use is this option?

Yes, you cannot record legacy md mode via line or mic-in on the rh10 but you can transfer music using sonicstage in lp2, lp4 bitrates. This is what the option is there for.

Yes, you cannot record legacy md mode via line or mic-in on the rh10 but you can transfer music using sonicstage in lp2, lp4 bitrates. This is what the option is there for.

I thought this might be it, but when I select MD mode it does not format my disc. Seems the unit can only format to Hi-MD mode. As you can select the disc mode though sonicstage I still dont really see what this is for, sorry if im being stupid!

I've worked it out, set to MD mode then format! Thanks bland10000

^^^^Cheers, Matt

When I plug the rh10 into the computer, a window opens up entitled removable disk and a folder titled hmdhifi is there. Next to the folder is a file titled hi-md.ind but it is 0 kb. I've deleted the file and no problems but it comes back. What is it for?

Edited by bland10000

this is perhaps a waste of time . . . but . . .

in the long post on "how to upload . . .", the ability to upload to mac was mentioned briefly. there must must must be a way to do this right? i mean it is 200f'n6. any help is greatly appreciated.

a.bloch

You need a M10 or M100, or you upload in real time like the good old days.

Bob

I have a optical out on my PC and recently tryed to record some music via media player and winamp, however I got a message saying "No Digital Copy". Is there any way to disable this copyright protection without resorting to analogue? I didnt have this problem when I used to copy CD's from my stereo digitally.