I just received e-mail confirmation...

Rate this topic

LowEnd

www.datavis.com (where I pre-ordered my MZ-NH1) just sent me an e-mail. I'm still waiting on my order confirmation but this is very encouraging, below is the e-mail text...

Dear Customer

Thank you for your interest in MZ-NH1 HI-MD Walkman digital.

This email is in response to your request to notify you when this item in stock.

Please go to our web site www.datavis.com and purchase MZ-NH1 HI-MD Walkman digital.

It is now in stock.

click here

Please note that many new items may be constrained by the manufacturer and supplies may be limited.

If you have any questions regarding price and availability, please call 1-888-888-2087 for assistance.

Quick update...

I've now received confirmation that my order was shipped yesterday on the 4th.  I have a tracking number and it is definately on its way!

Just a few more days now!!

I just picked up my MZ-NH1 from J & R in NY yesterday. Very nice machine and it sounds much better than the first Hi-MD unit, the 600D, which I tried last month. In this case, it definitely makes sense to pay a bit more.

So, J & R has them in stock. Well, I have a pre-order with amazon.com. Do I cancel the pre-order with amazon.com, $50.00 electronics promotion, and free shipping to go with J & R for fast shipping at $413.00? Or, do I just wait for amazon to get them in stock? Basically it would be a loss of a $60.00 discount. How long until you all think amazon will get them? It seems their reps are of not much use.

Larry B... glad to hear you are liking the NH1! I'm curious, are you using the "included" earbuds or some other headset? I've seen some comments that the earbuds don't do it justice.

My unit is sitting right across the state from me in a UPS routing building/truck! I expect to get mine on Tuesday! My first MD unit (or digital recorder, period!). :cool:

Larry B... glad to hear you are liking the NH1!  I'm curious, are you using the "included" earbuds or some other headset?  I've seen some comments that the earbuds don't do it justice.

I am using separate Sony headphones with the NH1. First, I hate earbuds and they never have fit my ears comfortably or securely. Secondly I have rarely ever found earbuds or headphones supplied with players and recorders to be worth much so I have always used something else.

Anyway, the Sony headphones I am using are the MDR-V700s. The sound quality is great to my admittedly non-audiophile ears. And while I prefer setting my own custom EQ, some of the presets are not bad, such as "Heavy." And the "Club" virtual surround setting gives the music an interesting quality though I wouldn't use it as my first choice on a daily basis.

^^ glad to be a help. all you do is follow the "get the latest price" link on whatever model you desire.

hehe, you even thought about ordering from J&R, image how much you got raped money-wise, if you actually went with J&R??

hope to hear your observation on nh1 soon, mbrobe!!!!

--------

darn it...if Sony would quit delaying the release on nh900 unit already.

This is interesting news! When I pre-ordered from Datavis back in the beginning of April, the price was 329.99!

My MZ-NH1 is arriving today via UPS so I'll have to check my bill and make sure I received the current price of 309.99... very cool... nearly pays for my three discs I ordered from Sony!

This is interesting news!  When I pre-ordered from Datavis back in the beginning of April, the price was 329.99!  

My MZ-NH1 is arriving today via UPS so I'll have to check my bill and make sure I received the current price of 309.99... very cool... nearly pays for my three discs I ordered from Sony!

$329 was the price that I saw .. prior to have nh1 in stock @datavis. once they have those units "in stock"...they changed to even lower price. anyhow, I doubt that you will get your $20 some odd dollars back tho, since you pre-order the item before they have "in-stock"., IMO.

I now have an MZ-NH1!! Delivered today!

I went home at lunch from work and had an hour to play around with it. Very nice looking machine, seems sturdy and I've already thrown a few songs on it and did a quick mic test. Unfortunately, I had to return to work this afternoon so I plugged in the battery and it is charging. Can't wait to get home and play with this fine unit!

I was billed my original purchase price of $329, with tax and shipping, $340. I'll let you know if Datavis will honor their current pricing or not.