Now live - the NH900 is available in the US. ;)

Rate this topic

Christopher

I am, but through minidisco.com. When I ordered it, I had a promo code for $20 off orders of > $200. So, even with shipping, I'm saving at least $40 off of Sony's price. Even so, this is VERY exciting that their site is finally showing these as available. I can't wait (but this world still forces me to.)

So they actually do have it in stock. Pricegrabber indicated that Sony had them in stock this morning but when I checked the same site it gave me the pop-up saying they weren't available. Not so now.

The wait is officially over, isn't it? All the US models have been released, however limited in quantities they may be.... now lets see some blanks at walmart wink.gif

I bought a 20Gb Ipod and sold it right away not because of the wonderfull features it has of course...then why?

*Well the first thing is the sound...I just could'nt make that flat sound more vivid, with more bass that could fill my taste, even if I changed the eq settings I couldn't get the result I wanted. Also you need really good phones because no budget phones will sound good and the sound is more like on the high tones. I mean I even got my ears hurt just because the sound was so high, and it was just for listening for like an hour!!! On the other hand sony's sound feels better for my ears.

*Also I prefer the sturdiness of MD's, I know that iPod has more metallic parts but when I touched it it seemed so fragile...when I put it on the table I felt like I had to be careful, instead the MD's are like built for more daily life you know what I mean?

*And well..there's always the battery thing... I just use plain AA Ni-MH's and they last a full 24 hours in LP2.

So what things do I miss from iPod...well the App (iTunes), the flexiblity of the formats it supports...the iTunes store, the 20Gb and the menu interface, and the main backlit display.

So it seems like a lot of features that MD doesn't offer however for me the sound is very important and the longevity of the devices too, so i'll have to stick with Hi-MD until SONY brings better MD devices and MD's with more capacity.