a question for anyone who bought their nh1 from datavis.com

Rate this topic

kpp

woo, is this a trick question? as you know, some folks pre-order dated back in April, and some ordered just last week. not to mention choices of shipping methods... some chose 2nd day or next day. some chose ground. geee, how do you want them to answer?

IMO, all I can say is..YMMV.

I submitted my order to datavis online late Monday night. Tuesday I got a call that there was a problem with my order. Apparently they need a physical phone number for 'security purposes' and I only own a cell phone. We got everything straightened out though, and the unit was waiting for me Wednesday when I got home from work. I used the Next Day Air Express Saver shipping option. I'd definitely deal with those folks again.

Of course, it's their fault I'm running on sleep deprivation after playing with the NH1 into the wee hours of the morning :whatever: .

Strange. I used a cell # and they didn't call me to harass me. They also never e-mailed with shipment notification or a tracking number. I simply checked my order status the next day and found there was a tracking number. I ordered Monday and used ground, sadly I probably won't see mine until the 16th. :sad: I hate ordering stuff from New York because it takes so long for ground shipments to arrive, but the price was just screaming "buy me", hehe.

I used a cell phone, too. I haven't received a tracking number via email either, but they said it shipped when I called and gave them my order number. How did you check your tracking?

I live in Chicago, and from NYC to Chi, it's usually pretty fast probly cuz it's a well beaten path. But since the price was so good, I just popped for the 2-day to try to get b4 the weekend...

Aye, I thought the phone # issue was weird too. I haven't lived in a place with a physical phone line for almost two years, and this is the first time there's even been a minor issue with it. I was more confused than anything tongue.gif.

I didn't receive a tracking number or shipment notification by E-Mail either. When I called to take care of the phone number problem, the customer service chick just said the order was going out that day. I took her word for it wink.gif.

I ordered mine one Sun 8/8 with 2nd day UPS. Then I called on Monday and decided I wanted to upgrade the shipping to next day. They said it would be 10 bucks to upgrade. they never charged me the 10 bucks but I got it tues before 10:00am. They also said I would get a tracking number by email. I did not get that but the website showed tha tracking number after 8:00pm Mon.

If they use UPS you can track your shipment online. They also provide a map based on your location that will show ETA. If you don'e have the tracking or shipping number you might have to call and find out what it is. I used the UPS tracking system to follow my mz-nf810ck from original departure to arrival in my town. I had to check it every couple of hours becouse I could'nt wait for it to arrive. So I find tracking to be more stressful, but if you have patience it should atleast boost your confidence on a safe arrival.

To get my tracking number all I did was take the order number (which was in the subject line of my e-mail confirmation), go to Datavis.com, and click "order status" in the upper right. It'll ask you for the order no. and your zip code, after which it'll give you the status of your order. If it's "shipped", there'll also be a tracking number or a link to your tracking number.

I ordered mine on Tuesday. They sent me an order confirmation, but never a shipping confirmation. However, I just checked the status online using what Rumz said, and it said that it had been shipped. I'm expecting it either today or tomorrow. It was ground shipping so, hopefully, I wont have to wait til Monday.

slight OT

um, I wonder what Sony manufacturer/distributors was thinking. how could they release top unit b4 2nd highest unit?!?!? this is so stupid!!! damn it, I am jealous to those who has gotten their mds. as I am in the same boat with those ppl wanting their nh900, still has no clue when will any of online e-tailers will have them in stock other than SonyStyle stores!!

end of my rant, thnx for reading. mad.gif

Ordered mine Wednesday around lunch, got it today (Friday) with 2 day guarantee shipping. Can't wait to get home from work...

BTW, never got email confirmation, never had cell phone problem.

Kaotic-

Why not just order an NH1 for $10 more than what we were expecting the 900 to cost and enjoy the all metal body, 40 grams lighter, etc...

When I ordered on Wed they said they had 17 of 'em...