Sony Qualia Q017 MD Player, only $2,399! :o

Christopher

$2,399..???? now watches from Rolex at that price i can understand i mean some got springs, gears and screws that's made out of Gold.(sike) but THIS.. paper weight. :smile: i wonder who the consumers they had in mind.. Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Mifias, uhh.. "billionaires" not millionaires.. cuz they'll think it's ridiculous any ways..Someone in sony probably thought that hey we could create this thing .. brand it differently and if we get a whole ton of them sold.. VWALA.. chiching$$$$$$$$ :grin:

this is the Bently of md players for sure

Nah, Bentley's are good, this is just an over priced E10 machined out of lump of brass. Now if Sony had really worked hard on the sound quality for this I would perhaps change my opinion. How much extra to the price would it have added if Sony had added Hi-MD playback capablities?

No no, this thing most likely trumps any MD portable unit out there. It is not solely a E10 in a different shell - a common misconception; unless you have technical specs showing so, that is. Sony would not do something like that with the Qualia line.

I believe with the super high quality components within that this would surely not fail to impress - is it worth the money, though? Perhaps to the eccentric who wishes to hear ATRAC at it's finest.

I apologize for my poor assumption, I'm feeling very opinionated today. In that case it should sound... dare I say it... awesome... theoretically anyway if Sony use the finest components they can (i.e. throwing cost restraints to the wind).

Still has anybody actually heard a Q017, who has golden ears and no axe to grind?

Erm for 2.4 grand I'd expect paper in oil/polyprop caps and wirewound resistors. Not that it'd fit in a portable. :rasp:

My PC1 is full of Elna caps and standard grade metal film resistors, which isn't bad. Sony does put a reasonable amount of effort into details like these in their medium-higher grade decks/home components and stuff.