mp3 playback/transfer on SS 2.0

Rate this topic

k-4

hello everybody, im new to the forum here, but ive been a constant reader of minidisc.org for years.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any trouble converting mp3s to their minidisc units with the sonic stage program. Before I purchased my Hi-MD unit, I was using RealPlayer One to transfer my music using the MZ-N505, but now that I am using sonic stage, I find that there are some songs that just destroy the bass on the track that has been transferred to the unit. The original mp3 file does not have this harsh bass sound, but I cannot seem to get rid of it using any bitrate on the MD unit. As well, when I play the mp3 file using sonicstage -without having a copy of the atrac file on the comptuer- the bass is also very harsh-sounding.

Is there any way I can transfer my mp3 files to my Hi-MD unit without the horrible sound?

Thanks

well first off welcome to the forums...

this seems to be something to do with the compression so you can try messin around with eq on the hi md unit after its transfered to bring sown the bass or try using some sort of mp3 editing system to bring the origanal mp3 bass down even more so it wont be as harsh when you make it an omg file.....but this is my opinion so well see what everyone else has to say

Try converting the MP3 into a WAV file using something like winamp, or use nero to make a CD Image of the file in audio format & then use Daemon tools to copy the image into SS. This will get around the conversion problems in SS

If the problem persists then it is likely to be the MP3 that is encoded incorrectly.

thanks for the feedback guys

i have resorted to a longer process of converting my files into .omg thru realplayer one, saving the files on my hard drive, then adding the files to my library on sonicstage. The quality of the files are better, but the process is very tedious.

I was wondering if there was any way we can change the mp3-decoder on sonicstage manually? (ie. replacing a .dll file or sumthing) or how about any external omg converter programs?

thanks