sony wav converter?

Rate this topic

fretwork

hi

I was wondering if there is any word on the official wav converter from sony is coming out? I know there is a converter on this site (from marc, I believe), but the disclaimer at the start of how to use it makes me a little timid--I'm sure it's great though. I hope not to offend, but I need these files for school mostly, so I need to make sure they are usable 100% of the time.

thanks

Please excuse my ignorance, I just need a black and white answer before I commit any money to the new standard.

I do PA and have been using tapes to record sermons at my church. I have used MDs in the past and although the sound quality was fantastic I had to record realtime to a tape for distribution. With the NetMD I hoped to record directly to that and then upload to the computer and convert to wav or MP3 for making CDs up. But after buying it I soon realised I had been tricked and quickly returned it. What I need to know is whether this is still a problem, with the new system, can I record analogue from a PA system and go home and upload the file as an MP3 to edit any way I like?

Thanks.

hello and welcome to the forums this has been discused over and over and bashed over and over but the fact of the matter is that you CAN upload your files to the pc with the new himd units but after you do so it is stuck as an omg file (not mp3 not wav not anything else) and you really cant do anything with it except play it on your pc or burn it to other mds or cds in atrac format

HOWEVER::::::: sony did promie to release a wav converter to make the omg file into a wav file

but we got impatient with sonys bs and procrastination of the release that we put time into figuring out our own way to do this and marcnet has made this possible with his new (yet etchy alpha)software and this is called the HIMDRENDERER for more info on this go to the announcment at the top of the himd forums called marc faster than real time upload to wav (cant miss it)

this software is pretty alpha and runs off of dos through windows but ive heard mostly good conversions from the folks that have used it and myself and im petty sure that the software will get better with time as marc gets better with it

its up to you though whether you wanna wait a little bit to get a pro conversion or not sony is not going to do anything for a while but marc has already gotten further than them

tis up to you

Marc's utility for uploading is fantastic and is maturing rapidly. Whilst I can't tell you that you should delve into the format and expect to be content with this application and Hi-MD's fantastic recording ability, it sure seems to be working well with the overall consensus. We've got a very critical bunch of people here - if marc's application was to be held as a "iffy" sort of utility it would certainly be discussed.

The only thing I seem to see is alot of positive results and appreciation. If I were new to the format and had a choice? I'd go for it. If all else fails just upload 1:1 until the wav converter utility comes out.