NW-E405/E407/E505/E507 Firmware Update Version 2.0

Rate this question

Ishiyoshi

Question

NW-E405/E407/E505/E507 Firmware Update Version 2.0

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

This new firmware update adds no new significant features, but fixes some bugs on the player.

• "Clock2" is added to OLED display screen when playback of music tracks completes. However, it is possible to display the clock by selecting Clock2 from the setting of Display Screen while on playback.

clock2_sample.gif

• Improvement of music navigation: artist retrieval and shuffle mode.
Note: However, units with serial numbers listed below has already been corrected:
  • NW-E405:"5071541"
  • NW-E407:"5042566"
  • NW-E505:"1062748"
  • NW-E507:"1055277"
<HR noShade SIZE=1>

FIRMWARE UPDATE 2.0 - NW-E405/E407/E505/E507 - DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Japan | All other region: NW-E405 + NW-E407 | NW-E505 + NW-E507

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

30 answers to this question

I didn't have Sonic Stage installed when I tried to upgrade since I was using MP3 file manager. The updater gave me a "system information cannot be found" error box when installing.

Had to install SS to get it to work. Just a heads up to anyone having the same problem as me.

Edited by Fami

In case people were waiting for an official Sony USA firmware update, it's available online.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-download...7,16&mdl=NWE507

Description matches the 2.0 version that was out outside of the US, but here it is.

This is very helpful. Thank you guys very much for posting this information and keeping this forum going. I've used the link and updated my player and the players that I purchased for my relatives.

I can't seem to get my E507 to update. I updated my wife's 505 just fine, but when the updater gets to about 39% and the player changes from "Program Checking" to "Program Writing", the screen goes blank. The windows side of the updater keeps going, and when it gets to 99% it hangs up, eventually giving me an error message about the update timing out. After this happens, i have to push the reset button to get the player to work again. I've tried to update with data on the player and after formatting with the same results. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Archaon,

Welcome to "AtracLife"

Can you let me know what is name or version of .upg file ?

For this you will need to extract the "NW-E50X_V2_0C" via an extracter(eg Winrar or powerzip)

Like mine is "MSFWUPGR_NW-E50X_200C.UPG"

Also contact Sony Support chat siteSony Support Site

Edit#1

Network Walkman Models bearing the following serial number need not apply the firmware update as the firmware is already updated.

1.)NW-E507: Serial number bearing “3000491 ” or later

Serial.jpg

Archaon,

Welcome to "AtracLife"

Thanks

Can you let me know what is name  or version  of .upg file ?

For this you will need to extract the  "NW-E50X_V2_0C" via an extracter(eg Winrar or powerzip)

Like mine is "MSFWUPGR_NW-E50X_200C.UPG"

Mine is the same.

Also, Sony Support Chat just told me to try downloading it again, and/or on another computer. Neither worked.

Worst case scenario, the player was a Christmas gift, so I can always swap it for a new one.

I have been having the same problem as Archaon....I've been on the phone with 4 different Sony Reps, who couldn't resolve the issue either. Their final response was to send the unit to Texas so Sony could install the firmware themselves. However, that would take approx 4 weeks... Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated

OOOPS, I just read Stuge's last post and installed the 201 version , and it worked!! Thanks Alot. Someone should notify SONY about this so others don't spend as much time as I did trying to tweak the upgrade.

Thanks Again!!

Edited by rugby10

Guest Stuge

Probably the firmware program is region-dependant. My player was bought in Eastern Europe,

I bught my player in Indian & I upgraded my player from Sony europe site ..No problems ..

Hi everyone.

Need help for a player, E507, given by a friend without box and manual (didn't need those since i once had E505) so i had no idea what region this player came from. The problem came when i was about to tune in to my fave FM radio station, to my surprise, the player only receives FM signals from 76-90 Mhz. Too bad, can't listen to my fave station. Can FW Update of any region help me with this player? I need reliable answers before i proceed, im afraid my player might not work after the update.. Thanks and hope to hear some sollutions from someone.

I just went through this process for a bookshelf unit. It was fairly painful but ultimately successful. For a 10 year old piece of equipment there were real resistors that needed changing (resoldering).

What you have (from the FM frequencies) is the Japanese-only model of the NW-E507. I am not hopeful that you can fix this easily.

1. The Japanese-only models seem to come out first

2. The Japanese-only models typically will have their own service manual, which I cannot read. I already downloaded the general service manual, and (just as for my bookshelf unit) it makes no mention of the the Japanese-only model. The "Tourist" model is described.

3. The Tourist models always have "world band" frequencies, namely 76 to 108 mHz, and usually some means to set the parameters for the destination country (there are other things to set, like the channel spacing). So yours is NOT the "Tourist" model.

Having said all of that, it's clear that there are no replaceable parts and, just as suggested by others in this thread, the chances are that the hardware is the same. It's a risk you're going to have to take if you want to fix this. There's a significant chance that you will end up with something useless.

Hope this helps....

I just went through this process for a bookshelf unit. It was fairly painful but ultimately successful. For a 10 year old piece of equipment there were real resistors that needed changing (resoldering).

What you have (from the FM frequencies) is the Japanese-only model of the NW-E507. I am not hopeful that you can fix this easily.

1. The Japanese-only models seem to come out first

2. The Japanese-only models typically will have their own service manual, which I cannot read. I already downloaded the general service manual, and (just as for my bookshelf unit) it makes no mention of the the Japanese-only model. The "Tourist" model is described.

3. The Tourist models always have "world band" frequencies, namely 76 to 108 mHz, and usually some means to set the parameters for the destination country (there are other things to set, like the channel spacing). So yours is NOT the "Tourist" model.

Having said all of that, it's clear that there are no replaceable parts and, just as suggested by others in this thread, the chances are that the hardware is the same. It's a risk you're going to have to take if you want to fix this. There's a significant chance that you will end up with something useless.

Hope this helps....

Thanks for the reply. maybe id better stay safe and not take the risk, u have a point there, i might end up wth somthng useless coz i already had coupl of stuff in the past that didnt work, i broke 'em. anyway i can stil listen to fm radio on my walkman phone, thanks for the thought...