NW-E*** question

Rate this topic

indeego

I have a friend who switched from a nw-E407 to a nw-E507.

He used the 407 with two PCs and everything went just fine but since he upgraded to the 507 SonicStage always wants to initialize the Network Walkman on each PC - ..

I dont know if he installed the same version of SonicStage on both PCs, but this configuration worked for the 407.

in generall (also for the HD-series):

with how many computers can an atrac audio-device be used ? I was thinking up to five..

Thanks, I advised him to install version 3.2 on both PCs.

Anyway, how does this system of "3 PCs per audio-device" work (- >how can SonicStage/the device know how many PCs are involved)?

Edited by indeego

Hm, I remeber reading some basic information on this in the Hi-MD Video pdf and it says PC and device exchange unique keys and that they (Sony) can even disable a complete device when a special key is on a "black-list" .. I really hope Sony remembers the steps from DRM in OpenMG Jukebox to DRM in SonicStage and offers soon a version of SonicStage with only basic DRM for multiple systems. Thats just annoying.

If I had the choice, I think I won't get a Sony-Flashplayer...

I have the E99, and I've been using it with 3 PCs (1 with SS3.2, 2 with SS2.3), and I don't have any problems. I don't even need authorization/registration. From the Vaio pocket manual, looks like you can authorize up to 5 PCs to transfer music from. I've been transferring my own self-ripped music from the 3 different computers to my DH710 without any problems either. The only thing is each SS has to rip the CDs independently. You cannot just copy and interchange the music library.

After thinking about it, seems like this is the downside of the "atrac audio device," the new subgroup for the Vaio pocket, HDx series, and presumably the newer network walkmans (post E99). The E99 is recognized as memory stick unit. Glad I stick with my E99, the fact that it can playback all of the new Atrac3+ bitrates too.

Thanks, pata2001.

He installed now two identical verions of SonicStage on each PC - and guess what, it works ;)

btw, pata2001:

You can interchange your library when you use SonicStage 3.2 and rip your Atracs without DRM

Edited by indeego