Converting Nh900je Display To English

Rate this topic

hi, audiocubes have instructions on thier website for changing the set-up display from japanese to english on the sony NH900JE minidisc but it is coming up as corrupt/rubbish. I could see it on my other pc thats being upgraded at the moment. Other japanese/chines etc fonts work on other websites I look at. Can someone tell me somewhere else that will have this info. I dont want to just start pressing random things on my minidisc! Thank you!

Wait a sec, on the back of your unit, where does it say it was made?

okay, I may have been jumping the gun a little! I put the md on to charge for the first time last night and it came up with 'charging' in english, so I guess it doesn't need converting. I just thought as audiocubes gave instructions on that page then their models would need the language setup changing.

In a massive pile of stupidity I forgot to take out the one hi-md I had recorded out of the UK unit someone on ebay bought! my pc's being upgraded at the mo so I cant even check my new baby out yet! doh!

shall try recording a gig tonight though....

apologies for posting up irrelevant question! blink.gif

Guest tony wong

well, I do think that "JE" already indicates it's a japanese edition

I think this is true because I am from hong kong and all models here don't have this "JE" extension in the model number

Guest tony wong

Right, but don't you find it queer that it can't display Japanese text? This kinda sucks.

well, as usual

the ability to show japanese text should be on remote control but not on the player itself

but instead, the ability to show menu in other language other than english depends on the player wink.gif

Doh! The thing that is a shame about the NH900JE is that it doesn't come with any disc! Con artists..

I don't see a language choice either now that I dig through the menus. By the by, can you answer my inital question?

Hey there. Computer all upgraded and back on line. First thoughts on the JE? Much better (it states made in malaysia by the way). They did send me a pack of 74min discs, which i would have gladly swapped for one hi-md! I don't know whether its just the increased headphone output but it sounds different, not just louder. The sound seems crisper and the preset sound options actually sound useful, whereas they just sounded a bit silly on my europe model. Dont know if thats just my interpretation because it has more output or has better components, but am a lot happier with it.

Also realised europe model seemed quite quiet because I use the sony ex71 earbuds, which I realised are great but fairly quiet after trying the earphones that came with it and finding them much louder. After reading some stuff on this saying you really got to get headphones around the 110db mark and the EX71's are 100db. Will wait unitl my ex71's die out and maybe treat myself to some e3c's!

You're probably experiencing the joys of Sony's HD digital amp and it's mostly well-favored coloration of sound. It's a very nice unit indeed, and I'm glad you got a good battery for best preformance. Do you feel comfortable using the 40ELK? It seems to be either a hit or miss with most people.

I much prefer it to the other remote, the instantly flickable clip is quite a joy as well. I'm finding it a bid fiddly at the mo, but only because I've just started using it without even remotely scanning instructions. My stupidity, not the remote! I'm glad you confirmed the difference in the models, the sound definately seems clearer and more balanced. Its not black though.... but you can't have it all, hey?! tongue.gif