Sonic Stage 3.0 Installation Cancelled

Rate this topic

craigw

I've tried 3 times now to install SonicStage 3.0 and each time just after the driver is installed a window pops up stating installation was cancelled. I followed all steps to remove previous versions. I now have win xp sp2 installed with all updates. I've run Housecall so many times I have all the answers memorized. avast is up to date and shut down before installation attempts. Spybot, Ad-aware and Microsoft antispyware are run regularly. I defrag at least once a week and perform disc cleanup. Processor is an AMD Athlon XP 1600+ GHz with 384 MB of ram. Most USB devices are unplugged (mouse and Kodak dock are not). I tried installing Simple Burner 2.0 last night which worked somewhat but a window would open looking for openmg files. I was able to copy 2 cd's at LP2 but had to manually shut down the computer to close the pop up windows so I uninstalled SB 2.0. Any ideas? After a week of trying to get my MZ nf610 working I'm ready to throw in the towel. Thanks for any help

Craig

I was having this exact same problem when I tried to reinstall SS. I'm running Win2k service pack 4.

I ended up giving up and I just reformatted and reinstalled windows (I needed to anyways). After that, it worked.

After all the shit I've gone through with SS, I definitely regret upgrading to HIMD. I was better off with my old R37

I'm now beginning to understand why MD is not very popular here in the US. It's because the public wouldn't put up with it! I thought I did my homework in selecting which player to get. Boy, was I ever wrong. I know now why they put an AM/FM/TV/Weather band radio on the remote. It's so you have something to listen to because downloading some music to disc from your computer is impossible. Shame on SONY! What would people do if they were told their WEGA TV doesn't "play well" with some particular brand cable box? "Our TV is fine it's your house wiring that needs to be fixed!" What a load of crap! All I was looking for this thing to do was to copy some vinyl LP's and record an occasional live show then perhaps clean it up with an editing program. Sure! When pigs fly! I may not be a computer progammer but I can find my way around pretty well. In twelve years I've never seen anything even close to this. I'll be damned if I have to format my hard drive in order for this thing to work.

WHOOAA!!!!! Get me some Tylenol! ....I feel better already hmmmm, where'd I put the Best Buy ad with all those neat i-Pods?

Edited by craigw