What A Week

Rate this topic

jkrobs

Hi there, Im new to this forum...basically Im a bit fed up...Monday was my 21st birthday..everything was great..then tuesday ( Yesterday) everything seems to go wrong...Well My mini disk seems to have broken down...Ive had 3 years..Ive looked after it so well..but there a strange problem with it...when I delete a single track from it...it says toc reading...which is normal, then all the other tracks are still there..but if you take the disk out then put it back in...it says blank disk??? it's never done that before...so I tested most of my disks and it happens everytime...plus Ive tryed recording this new cd I have..and it says it recording..then when you listen to it..the little disk icon is spining really fast and there is a track there..but it will not play it..then maybe 10 seconds later it starts, but then there is no sound and it counts only up to 5 seconds into the song...it's so strange sad.gif but anyway also late last night...I went to turn my camera on which Ive had 2 years...and the lcd screen on the camera is all fuzzy and it seems out of focus...I really am confused as to what is going on? everything is going wrong for me this week. but anyway my mini disk..does anyone know whats wrong with it? the model is Sony MZR909..It's lovely mini disk player..and Ive had know problems with it ever until now! Ive also tryed recording other cd on it..but it had the same effect..so it's safe to say it's the mini disk which is broken..but what wrong with it? anyway please reply. thanks

Jimmy

if it can play a disk, then the laser is good.

the problem may be that the magnetic head is not

working. when you edit something on the disk, it writes

to the toc changes to the memory and to the disk.

all is well until you eject the disk. this is beacuse the toc of

the disk is put into the md memory while the disk is still in the md.

the actual toc of the disk is completely wiped out. this is because

the laser melts the toc but the magnetic head did not polarize the disk.

It's strnage that you say that...becouse I actully opened the mini disk up...which was a risky thing...but I noticed a little round metal things..looks like magnet..but I notices it was very dirty looking colour? like brown on it? maybe it's finnished?

It's strnage that you say that...becouse I actully opened the mini disk up...which was a risky thing...but I noticed a little round metal things..looks like magnet..but I notices it was very dirty looking colour? like brown on it? maybe it's finnished?

Sorry to hear about your mini Jimmy- can you try to play your discs on someone elses player?

Isolate that problem first before you spend any money. If it works, you can always buy the same model on ebay.

Enjoy your birthday. It is no use to spend too much time on technology at your age. the real magic happens with people. happy birthday

Your right, people are allways more special in life...I just do listen to my mini disk a lot and also love recording. I am thinking to buy a new player...but not a mini disk player...I think Im going to get one of those hard drive players..like 20 gig? or 40 gig? Im thinking maybe the sony one or I pod....but Im not sure where you guys are from..but these gadgets are so expensive in England...We allways end up with all the old stuff and there cost a fortune...Im thinking to buy from america, I know my garantee would be void...but it's hell cheaper...like UK it's £244 and if I buy it in USA...it's only $299.99 = £163 + you get lots of things with it which in the UK you would never get. It's the same with the PSP.