Carrying case for new RH1 & accessories

Rate this topic

I've been carrying my recording stuff (MD, mic, phones, remote, batteries, discs) to concerts or on bus/train/plane trips, in a camera bag. It's OK but just...OK.

Hopefully this will work out better. It is much flatter to fit more easily in a briefcase, and the stuff inside is much more accessible...I don't have to take everything out to get to the stuff at the bottom.

$20 at Target stores. It is Case Logic's "MP3 Player Travel Case", model MPC5.

[attachmentid=1858]

[attachmentid=1859]

post-4093-1152667016_thumb.jpg

post-4093-1152667040_thumb.jpg

The only thing I would want from this case setup is a little more structure. It is a good size and very convenient, but it is also very soft and squishy. If the front and back covers were a little more rigid, it would also be more protective.

The only thing I would want from this case setup is a little more structure. It is a good size and very convenient, but it is also very soft and squishy. If the front and back covers were a little more rigid, it would also be more protective.
Have you considered cutting open the sides and inserting some type of plexiglass or other harder material then sewing it back up? Maybe a seam ripper would be handy?

Might be worth considering, though I'll have to look to see whether that can be done without totally destroying it because I don't know whether there is a "lining" into which something more rigid can be inserted. I've found something else online that might be a better option:

http://www.caselogic.com/universal_mp3_tra...m?modelid=66180

Or, another one like the Quantaray case from Ritz Camera, that I already have for my NH900:

http://members.aol.com/smkranz/minidisc/minidisc.htm

I could get another of these, but I want something smaller and packable, that will slip into a briefcase or duffle for ease of travel. This thing is a piece of luggage all by itself.

• 2 weeks later...

[attachmentid=1889]

This Case Logic MP3 Universal Travel Kit arrived the other day. Looks like I'll have to make something myself if I want it to be *just so*...this one is OK but it is considerably thicker when folded up, than the first case I found above. I will prolly use it...until I see something better.

The stretchy elastic pocket on the right-hand side is clearly made for an iPod or smaller player. The RH1 does not fit in it. You can put the minidisk player in the larger (top) mesh pocket on the left-hand side where it is held fairly securely, and use the stretchy elastic pocket for something else like your remote or even some discs. The way it's shown below, it'll even safely hold my PX100 phones...

[attachmentid=1895]

post-4093-1153495881_thumb.jpg

post-4093-1153517304_thumb.jpg

I've used a variety of Kipling bags for camcorder and MD, as well as shoulder bags and back packs. Some of the bigger ones are sei-ridgid, worth a try

Kirks down here in Cayman carries them, don't know about the rest of the world

$.02

Bob