cd quality live recording

Rate this topic

johnmar78

PCM recording will give you a CD-quality reproduction of what goes into the unit.

But everything depends on the input: the microphones, where they are placed, how good the settings are. Once you have the recording, you can adjust some things with sound-editing software like Audacity, which is free.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

With that, under Effects, you can bring out various registers (EQ), even out the volume (Normalize), filter out some kinds of noise, etc.

But processing afterward is never as good as getting it right going in.

Can you provide more information on your microphone? Maker, specifications, etc?

Remember, you are not recording in a studio with studio-quality microphones and all the effects available through a studio console, so it's not going to sound like a Coldplay album. But with proper miking you should be able to get a good, accurate reproduction of the music you are playing.

PCM recording will give you a CD-quality reproduction of what goes into the unit.

But everything depends on the input: the microphones, where they are placed, how good the settings are. Once you have the recording, you can adjust some things with sound-editing software like Audacity, which is free.

With that, under Effects, you can bring out various registers (EQ), even out the volume (Normalize), filter out some kinds of noise, etc.

Can you provide more information on your microphone? Maker, specifications, etc?

Remember, you are not recording in a studio with studio-quality microphones and all the effects available through a studio console, so it's not going to sound like a Coldplay album. But with proper miking you should be able to get a good, accurate reproduction of the music you are playing.

Big thanks for that. Do you think the sound blaster card audigy 2 nx has a better cd quality than minidisc???

thamks pal. Micro phone is the PR2 d417 , 600ohms and freq 50-15000khz(I think)

Big thanks for that. Do you think the sound blaster card audigy 2 nx has a better cd quality than minidisc???

I seriously doubt anything beyond the highest end sound cards would sound better than a decent minidisc unit. Often times sound cards seriously scrimp on the input ADC (analog-digital converters). The Audigy 2 NX is really marketed as a way to get decent sound FROM a laptop, not TO a laptop. Just because it says "24 bit 96khz" blah blah, that's just marketing speak-- if the converter chip is junk, you'll get a bad sounding 24 bit 96khz recording. ;)

I really believe most every minidisc unit I've tried is better than most PC recording setups I've seen in the consumer realm. Obviously, if you are willing to pay $200ish for an Emu 1212 (or latest equivalent) or $400ish for a SB X-Fi Elite Pro, you will do better. But you really need a card that specializes in recording to start rivalling minidisc.

Reaper is now my favourite audio editing app for concert material and for speech editing too. www.reaperaudio.com - about a 1Mb download, $40 for non-pro use, but you can take as long as you want to evaluate it. Some of the recently added editing features really are superb. And ReaBurn, a third party app you can track down on the Reaper site, handles the CD burning side of things. If you tried earlier versions and didn't stick with it, look again.

Reaper is now my favourite audio editing app for concert material and for speech editing too. www.reaperaudio.com - about a 1Mb download, $40 for non-pro use, but you can take as long as you want to evaluate it. Some of the recently added editing features really are superb. And ReaBurn, a third party app you can track down on the Reaper site, handles the CD burning side of things. If you tried earlier versions and didn't stick with it, look again.

Thank you ALL....I appreceiated....My recording has too much bass,,,,,so I will try the software try to edit it....