PCDP with optical out?

Rate this question

Ketut

Question

11 answers to this question

D-NE1 and possibly D-NE9 (Can you confirm this pata?)

D-NE10/900

D-NE20/920

Digital Out is only enabled for Redbook Audio.

Hi damage,

Thanks for your reply. By Redbook Audio, do you mean original CD, not MP3? I'm not really familiar with all these terms.

And when digital out is enabled, does it mean I need to use an external DAC?

Thanks again

Ketut

Hi damage,

Thanks for your reply. By Redbook Audio, do you mean original CD, not MP3? I'm not really familiar with all these terms.

And when digital out is enabled, does it mean I need to use an external DAC?

Thanks again

Ketut

1. Yes, original CD Audio

2. Yes, be it a HT Deck, your PC, or a standalone DAC, if you want to use Digital Out, you'll need some way to convert that digital signal to analog signal. By the by, all of the digital outs use Mini TOSLINK (aka mini optical or some variation of digital audio optical), and most TOSLINK cables that you buy off shelf will have a converter plug.

D-NE1 and possibly D-NE9 (Can you confirm this pata?)

D-NE10/900

D-NE20/920

Digital Out is only enabled for Redbook Audio.

Yes, the D-NE9 has a seperate optical out, just like the NE1.

I <3 my D-EJ2000 so much, great battery life...doesn't have that weird bulge like the *1- and *2- series do and is smexier :3

Yeah, the D-EJ2000 is very nice, and its body is all metal. too bad it's audioCD only. The D-NE20 is close though, but I do miss the brushed metal feel.

D-NE1 & D-NE20 both have optical out.

D-NE20 uses the combined socket method (aka the optical link is inside the 3.5mm analog socket, so you use one socket for both.. what you feed depends on what you have connected).

I think, and it's relying on a most dodgy aged virtual cat spirit memory here that's more and more falliable these days, the NE-1 had each on a separate output.

Liked both, got an example of each - i dont have SCMS issues, using the optical out... , then again, my EU models also lack the audo limiters...., and for that..., well i was suprised about.

I dont use the optical outs myself (only discovered the lack of SCMS intervention the one time i accidently plugged the optical lead into my MD unit, expecting to get audio from the DAB set on the stack, and inadvertently getting compressed audio playback from the D-NE20 when i had it on a soak test to get a more real world idea of indoor battery-use endurance. Never repeated the instance, so cannot comment on use subsequent to the accidental mistake). It's still a mystery to this day why the optical lead got connected to the NE-20 as it goes, cannot for the life of me figure out why..??