How do you erase a MD-LP?

Rate this topic

Perduzy

I recently found my old MiniDisc Play which is a sony MZ-R500 and a whole bunch of minidiscs. I started to use it to record live music a local places and such. My question is how do you erase old MD-LP disks? I have bunch of used ones with music I have already transferred on to my computer. Every time I try to record over the disk i get a flashing message that says SORRY and nothing else. I would be great if some one could help me with this issue

I recently found my old MiniDisc Play which is a sony MZ-R500 and a whole bunch of minidiscs. I started to use it to record live music a local places and such. My question is how do you erase old MD-LP disks? I have bunch of used ones with music I have already transferred on to my computer. Every time I try to record over the disk i get a flashing message that says SORRY and nothing else. I would be great if some one could help me with this issue

First of all you have to be sure the safety tab hasn't been enabled on the minidisc. After that, you should be able to go into your menu with a disc in it, and be able to select erase a track, complete erase, or format I believe.

Good luck

Bob

First of all you have to be sure the safety tab hasn't been enabled on the minidisc. After that, you should be able to go into your menu with a disc in it, and be able to select erase a track, complete erase, or format I believe.

Good luck

Bob

thanks a ton! i hadn't used my MiniDisc Player in so long I forgot about the menus and such. thanks this really helped