Is there any help for recording PC to an old MZ-R900?

Rate this topic

I bought this when it was new, from Japan, like 10 years ago. I just dug it out and found my awesome (hah) collection of MDs. Well I don't bother with MP3 players, and I don't want to buy anything additional for this thing.

Other than the old method of plugging in a 1/8" plug and hitting record, is there another way to transfer my files to the Minidisc, and possibly with track names already in them?

I do recall at the time there was some homebrew software that would do that, but I was frequenting Cyber Cafes at the time, so no perm. PC.

I have searched and couldn't find anything other than the old user manual in english (which I have in both Jap/Eng). Doesn't explain much really.

Any thoughts? Or am I going to just have to use my 1/8" between my Audigy 4 line-out plugged into my remote (so I can hear and edit at the same time while recording) and just, like, set up a play list with my tracks, hit play on the PC and record on the R900?

Thoughts? Advice? Thanks!

You have a couple of options, with that unit, real time is the only way, or you could get a newer unit, and record with Sonic Stage at a much higher rate. My recommendation, an NH-600 or 700, if you get an RH1, you could also digitally upload all your old recordings.

Have fun

Bob