SI: Sony Utilizing Massive Amounts Of Green Power

Rate this topic

Christopher

Posted in Corporate

sony-green.jpg

Sony Corporation of America (SCA), Sony DADC, Sony Electronics, and Sony Pictures in the U.S. have come together to purchase more than 143 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of green power annually for 2011, which is enough green power to sustain most of energy demands of the company.

If you’re unfamiliar with the term kilowatt hours, using a 60 watt light bulb for one hour consumes 0.06 kilowatt hours of electricity. Using a 60 watt light bulb for one thousand hours consumes 60 kilowatt hours of electricity.

Sony’s on-site solar installations in the U.S. also produce more than 600,000 kWh/year. The company’s green power purchase and on-site solar generation are part of its ongoing commitment to reducing its environmental impact globally and supporting renewable energy.

I really think Sony can eventually operate without zero environmental impact within my lifetime. Personally, I think that we must evolve towards that direction, otherwise we face obsolescence.

View the full article