My 1st Mono recording.

Rate this topic

And Mellencamp is so damned talented, a recording like that would be a real treat. Thanks for sharing your thoughts pc, I may take a look at amazon for this recording. I wonder if there is an LP vinyl version. I would not be able to play it, but I bet it would impart more of the true essence than the sampled version.

If the source recording is in mono, it only makes sense to record that way. I do this a lot for audiobooks (rather than LP2/4), because the Clarion MD head unit in my wife's car has no LP mode (mine does, though).

Another interesting mono recording, if you like the music, is the Phil Spector Back To Mono 4-CD box. IIRC, someone else here first mentioned that set. And of course all that Beatles stuff. I am Ancient enough that my first experience with hi-fi was mono-only. My grandfather had a large speaker - as in one - an amp, a tuner, and of course a turntable. He liked jazz, Dylan, Gilbert and Sullivan, and much else besides, and I got to hear them all - in mono, of course. I will never forget my ol' grampa putting early Dylan on the turntable and explaining to me what made the guy special!

It's like you read my mind with the Beatles Mono stuff. I might have to try it. The cool thing about that old stuff for me I listened to that stuff with teenage ears so now it's going to have to be great sounding to be approximate. I'll see if our library can help me out with your suggestions. They are pretty good with inter-library loans.