Help needed with correct SS version to use

Rate this topic

JonnyA

Sorry for this question from a newbie, I imagine it has been answered many times before but I can't find an answer in any of the FAQs or topics here so far.

I had originally had SS 3.4 running on a laptop using Win XP, for use with my NW-E005, which I love and still want to continue using.

I then had laptop that was running 64-bit Win 7. When I got that laptop, channging from one running XP, I did a backup of my SS data and it restored onto the Win 7 laptop into SS 3.4 without any problems, much to my surprise.

I now have a new laptop also running 64-bit Win 7 although it appears to be a newer version. Anyway, having done a backup of my SS again before ditching the old laptop, I tried to restore the backup but got the 'You do not have administrator rights' error which Google shows to be quite popular.

My question is: if I can't run 3.4 on the latest Win 7 (or can I?), is there a newer version of SS I can use instead, that will also accept my backup from 3.4 and be compatible with my NW-E005?

As with many others I am sure, it would take me many many hours to re-assemble my music from scratch.

Thanks in advance.