Cheapo workaround for the Playlist for the A608

Rate this question

SimKill

Question

Are you tired of not being able to transfer playlists into your Flash Player without having multiple copies of the song?

Are you sick of figuring on how to make a song appear in multiple playlists?

Then this El Cheapo remedy is for you!!!!!

Jokes apart, this is the only way I've found by which I can actually make playlists of the Songs IN my 608 (Hard drive players may not apply)

We all know that Sonicstage and Connect well...umm...dont 'Connect' very well.

I thought about what I could do and then Eureka...

I installed Connect player with the 1.04 update (Note: Donot use CP without the 1.04 update, if you do you may feel suicide is a better option than CP)

After "connecting" my player I started CP and it recognized all songs in my player. So I quickly imported one file into its library, and made a playlist out of it and transferred it to my 608. After that all I did was drag-and-drop files from the player itself into the playlist, and it works! Even multiple playlists using the same file is working very very nicely...

Now no more problems for me having playlists on my player...

I now use these media players currently (No, It ain't funny :D:unsure: )

Windows Media Player : To open any default files that I want to just play...

iTunes : After downloading files, I like the way it arranges the files Artist/Album folders-wise

SonicStage CP 4.0 : To transfer songs to my NW-A608, Artist Link (LOL) and get complete info

and now Connect Player : To make playlists for my player

Edited by SimKill

6 answers to this question

Hi

i followed your tips and used Connect Player to make playlists and it works! however do you encounter the following problem? i use SS 4.0 to transfer most of my files but sometimes i use Connect Player to transfer too... after i disconnect i only get one "Unknown" entry when i search under Artist... Genre and Albums still working fine.. and all the songs still have their artist shown when i play them.. tried reconnecting with SS but doesnt solve the problem...

any ideas anyone? thanks

Hmmm.....yeah after sometime I started getting that type of thing.

So what I did was that I formatted my player and transferred everything through Connect. After that using either Sonicstage or Connect has no problems...

After "connecting" my player I started CP and it recognized all songs in my player. So I quickly imported one file into its library, and made a playlist out of it and transferred it to my 608. After that all I did was drag-and-drop files from the player itself into the playlist, and it works!

hi SimKill! i quoted your post here and i just wanna know and clarify some things. ..

you started with tracks already on your player, then you made a playlist from it. what if im going from a fresh start, meaning my player doesn't have any tracks on it yet, how would i proceed in creating the playlist? should i load everything first in the player and then create the playlist as you've said?

i just got my A608 and since i am rather busy, i just dumped my mp3s to my player. but i do want to get things in order and i know this post of yours on playlist would be a big help, im just not sure exactly how yet 'coz i also haven't really tweaked on the Connect or SonicStage i have on my pc.

(well, SS indeed is not really an easy software to figure out :D )