Problem: SonicStage with Windows Blinds

Rate this topic

psp-maniac94

I have once installed Sonicstage on my computer. I downloaded Stardock Windows blinds, and my sonicstage wasnt working. I uninstalled and re-installed sonicstage, getting an error after each doble click stating., Application failed to initialize(144). i uninstalled stardock via add remove programs. Deleted any folder with the name stardock on it, and deleted the registery key. i try to install SS, and i still get an error after each doble click stating., Application failed to initialize(144). Please help;(

I have once installed Sonicstage on my computer. I downloaded Stardock Windows blinds, and my sonicstage wasnt working. I uninstalled and re-installed sonicstage, getting an error after each doble click stating., Application failed to initialize(144). i uninstalled stardock via add remove programs. Deleted any folder with the name stardock on it, and deleted the registery key. i try to install SS, and i still get an error after each doble click stating., Application failed to initialize(144). Please help;(

Welcome to ATRACLife!

As mentioned by chatoyer, some desktop customizing utilities (such as WindowBlinds) are known to be in conflict with SonicStage. Disable the utilities in question or install those that are not in conflict (example: StyleXP) with SonicStage accordingly.

If the suggestions here don't help, I would probably go with a system re-build. I know that may be a bit overkill, and for me this can literally take days before I get everything back to the way it was, but look at it is an opportunity to flush everything out with a clean install. Maybe wait a few more days to see if any others post suggestions/tips in this thread, though, just in case. Good luck! Do let us know how it works out for you. :)