RM-MC38EL with NW-HD1?

Rate this question

RobA

Question

Is this model remote compatible with the NW-HD1? Unforunately the clip on my 40ELK snapped so it is mostly useless to me now. And I don't really have the money for a new one, and can find this model (38EL) for around $15 shipped.

7 answers to this question

I am awaiting delivery of one of these for my NW-HD3. When it turns up, I will let you know how it fares as it should behave exactly the same with the NW-HD1. As the clip on your remote is knackered, would you be prepared to do a straight swap with the RM-MC38EL as I have no use for a remote with a clip ?

Edited by Beetlecrusher

I am awaiting delivery of one of these for my NW-HD3. When it turns up, I will let you know how it fares as it should behave exactly the same with the NW-HD1. As the clip on your remote is knackered, would you be prepared to do a straight swap with the RM-MC38EL as I have no use for a remote with a clip ?

No thanks as I already have been made an offer from an friend in town that has a 38el, I will probably test his out before I buy though.

Fair enough. I received the RM-MC38EL remote yesterday and tried it with my NW-HD3. Although some functions worked, the display didn`t. I thought the remote might be faulty but I tried it with my trusty old MZ-R50 minidisc and the remote worked perfectly. I think that it may not compatible with your NW-HD1 so let me know how you get on with it. Personally speaking, I prefer my minidisc to the NW-HD3 and will probably sell the latter and get a top of the range HiMD unit.

@Rob:See this guide ->http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1490

I saw that, but it doesn't say specifically that the HD1 will work, it just says "should work with supported Network WALKMAN." But doesn't specificy what the supported network walkman are. Unlike the 35elk and 40elk, which list all supported walkman.

Edited by Rob A

Just tested the RM-MC38EL and I can confirm that is does NOT work with the NW-HD1. The LCD screen does not appear at all. The only thing that works is volume, changingp play mode, etc. So pretty much it functions the same as any non-lcd remote would. However, my friend doesn't use the clip on his 38el, so I removed it and super glued it to my rm-mc40elk and now it appears to be working great again.