Connect Player --> HD5 problems :: HELP!

Rate this topic

Azureal

I have the Connect Player v4.3 installed on a Windows XP Pro machine. I have used this machine to manage my ATRAC3/plus library of about 20GB for at least one year. I regularly use the CP interface on the PC to play music while I work. Recently, I downloaded some music from the Connect store and wanted to update my HD5 player with the new titles.

When I connect the HD5 unit to the PC, CP v4.3 recognizes it, however when I try to access it CP crashes with the error "Omgjbox.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.".

I have connected another device, my MZ-NH1 and I am able to read disks and manipulate music on it without incident, this is not the case with the HD5.

I performed an "Initialize HDD" and a restoration to "Factory Settings" from within the "Options --> Initialize System" selection on the HD5 menu. After performing this on one occasion, I was prompted to re-authorize the device, which I did via Connect and then it appeared as if I was going to be able to copy music to the device. I selected a bunch of albums and clicked transfer. The transfer began but CP v4.3 crashed again. This time it left the unit in a state where upon disconnection from the PC, it had an error on the screen about a corrupted database. No music is on the device now at all.

I have a second HD5 which belongs to my wife which exhibits the same problem.

I downloaded the CP v4.3 installer but it will not install over the existing installation, it seems I will need to uninstall CP and reinstall it to get a clean installation. How will this affect my library of music?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what course of action to take?

tia,

Azureal

Edited by Azureal