Who wants to save an MZ-N707?

Rate this topic

Bazirker

OK so my service mode stuff got jack up on my MZ-N707. Well, I've been working on the NVreset. I got all the values set in thar are factory preadjustments...but it loos like I need extra equipment to continue with the setup (i.e. voltmeters, laser thingies and whatnot.) Is there anyone that know what those values should be so I don't have to track down a voltmeter and make all the measurements and stuff? My friend's Dad is an engineer who has laser measuring equipment and whatnot, but it'd really be a huge pain in the ass to work with. Help?

All the values? You know how many different values there are? I appreciate your offer, but I'm not sure that'll work. here's why.

I've spent the past....let's see...it's been 3 hours now fighting with my 707 using MOV1's auto reset method. Problem is I am getting a million error messages, and I'm having to go through value by value and mess with them.

Now I'm sure sony wouldn't have bothered to design all these damn auto-reset thingies if there were consistant values that could be plugged in. In the 707 service manual, a bunch of values are given as part of the NV Reset while a bunch of others are supposed to be measured. So, that leads me to believe that it is different for every player.

Well, whatever. I'm getting so frustrated with this silly thing. I think more than just service mode stuff is messed up considering that none of the buttons on the unit itself work and I'm having to use the remote. Whatever value 434 is, it is MAJORLY pissing me off cause all the other values I have managed to adjust up to this point. Maybe I will take you up on your offer at some point, although I hope you realize what you're offering when you say you'll give me hundreds of values...either way, thank you very very very much for being willing to help.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? I'm doing autoadjust things, and my MO stuff simply will not adjust. I'm thinking there are physical issues with the deck.

Value 424 you say?

Tell me the name of it, maybe ill be able to help you with that one. To get the name of the function, go to it, and pres enter a bunch of times, it should display it in the dot matrix screen... Then mail me or post it on the forum. Im smelling a flashback from my problem....

I have a service manual and I can do the NV reset and stuff. Well, MANY more than value 424. Adjusting address 031 gives me problems with 324 (CD tracking error offset adjustment.) When I try to reset 032, I have problems with 236 (Low reflective CD ABCD gain adjustment.) When I reset 033, I have trouble with 431 (MO write TWPP offset adjustment) and 434(MO write gain adjustment.) Curiously, none of my buttons on the unit work. I don't know why...dammit, save me...heh heh. Thanks a bunch for your help.

• 4 weeks later...