Will I need a minidisc? Please, help me

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello, I have some money and i saw Sony's minidisc (N707),and i have a question:

This model can read mp3 and wma formats...it means that in a 80 minutes minidisc I can store 700 mg of mp3s music or i cant and i have to save for a portable mp3 system like Creative Zen or iPod

Is N707 a good model or there are better Sony model with similar price?

Thanks in advance.

:wink:

well good choice on considering minidisc as an alternative to an mp3 player!!

First of all, a minidisc stores music according to minutes, not megabytes. A minidisc can hold 80 minutes of SP music, 160 minutes of LP2 music, or 320 minutes of LP4 music. SP has the best sound quality (near CD quality), followed by LP2 and then by LP4. The sSound degration between SP and LP2 is not noticeable on a portable such as the N707, but a HiFi unit, it's noticeable.

Inless you're an audiophile with Ety's or something, an N707 with LP2 discs seems like the best thing for you biggrin.gif.

I think Pedotronic is asking if he can store MP3s in their native format on MD, and of course the answer to that is no. Pedotronic, you'll first have to convert your MP3s and WMAs to the native Atrac MD format, either by running through the OpenMG sorryware and the USB connection or in realtime via your computer's sound card outputs and a regular analog line connection.