Comparision: Sharp MD-MT770 vs. IM-MT880

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am looking for the "short list" of the differences between these 2 sharp recorders..(besides that the 880 is NetMD) - Any advice about These 2 Sharp models is appreciated.

OK, I've decided to go Sharp over Sony.

As well as all other MD functions, Live recording is something I want to be able to do & have read how Sharp excels over Sony in this area =easy rec level change - while recording.

( I know some new Sony models do this too = I'm NOT looking to start another Sony VS Sharp debate, Thanks )

I 've been surfing for weeks & reading many reviews on diff brands/models.

I think/thought I wanted a NetMD recorder - as I do use my Computer quite a bit for Recording my own orig. music & for mp3s...etc. so the added functionally of being able to use my computer with my MiniDIsc recorder sounds good -

I was set on the IM-MT880(The little "USB Wart" does not bother me & I like the looks & other functions)

But with the TOSlink cable - it appears you can record to & from PC on the MD-MT770 Also...Am I correct that this is in Real-Time ONLY on the 770 ??

AND that is one of the Major differences between these 2 models??

I also read that the 880 does not have the 3 colored lcds to indicate mode/speed...etc.

And does Not have a Text/time display on the main unit - does the 770 have a Text display that the 880 does not??

I know both units come with the same 2 line remote.

I cannot find a 'comparison review" on these two units...only seperate reviews. -

Does the 770 have any Major Features that the 880 does not ?

Would I be giving anything up by going for the 880 with USB - over the 770 = besides the 3 leds?

I am looking for the "short list" of the differences between these 2 sharp recorders.. Any advice about These 2 Sharp models is appreciated.

Thanks - I finally found my way to MD!!!

Locknut