MZ-N707 MIC input worth the cash?

Rate this topic

Jermz

I have been thinking about getting a MD for WAY TOO LONG, I keep procrastinating over which model because I am having trouble justifing the extra cash for the mic input on the MZ-N707 vs. MZ-N505. So I have more than a few questions from owners of these units...

Some people say that the mic input is crap on the MZ-N707 and that you would be better off amping the mic to a line in on a MZ-N505 and saving the cash. Any opinions?

I have often thought that if I like the MD format enough I will eventually own several players... so picking up an older MZ-R700 (in that AMAZING green color that none of the newer players come in :cry: ) for just recording might be a solution. The more the merrier right?

PLUS what kind of equipment would I need to pre-amp a mic for input to a line in on a MZ-505, and how much would that cost? OR is the input on the MZ-N707 good enough without dealing with all the pre-amping stuff?

AND FINALLY... would I just be better off with a SHARP, most people say that they are poorly supported (even more poorly supported than SONY) but the SHARP units are far superior to the SONY units. Any truth to this?

THANKS A TON!