Need help upgrading to a new recorder

Rate this topic

MontyJay

Hi Guys...I have been using an old sharp mt15 recorder for almost three years now with no problems until a few months back. I began receiving the dreaded utoc errors and I can't record anything new with it. when i try, it acts as if its skipping...

Anyways, I am looking for a new recorder. I usually visit minidisc.org and minidisco to find info on the newest recorders, but wanted your input as well.

I am a sharp man and would like to stay with sharp, but I am open to other suggestions. I use my md to record anything from general every day sounds, my band rehearsing, and loud live rock shows. What do you guys suggest?? Thanks!!

Guest Anonymous

Hi Guys...I have been using an old sharp mt15 recorder for almost three years now with no problems until a few months back. I began receiving the dreaded utoc errors and I can't record anything new with it. when i try, it acts as if its skipping...

Anyways, I am looking for a new recorder. I usually visit minidisc.org and minidisco to find info on the newest recorders, but wanted your input as well.  

I am a sharp man and would like to stay with sharp, but I am open to other suggestions. I use my md to record anything from general every day sounds, my band rehearsing, and loud live rock shows. What do you guys suggest?? Thanks!!

DR7

hey montyjay, having just got the N10, that's wat i would really suggest u buying. it looks great, and works great, as far as playback is concerned. but seeing as it is that you do alot of recording, you may be better off getting the DR7. that's provided you have already decided that u dont need the features of netmd, which IMHO is way cool in terms of speed. i havent tried live recording on the N10 yet, but the way the manual describes things make it sound pretty cumbersome.

i had a sharp 722 once, early generation, and much as i like my N10 now, i will have to admit that the sharp still wins for ease of use and recording. idiot-proof operation basically. so there.