What Recorder for Bands and Vocal

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am new to this type of recording. I am looking for an good choice (under $400 US) for recording my band during rehersals, myself as I compose new songs and recording talks and speeches.

What do you reccomend?

joe

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this type of recording. I am looking for an good choice (under $400 US) for recording my band during rehersals, myself as I compose new songs and recording talks and speeches.

What do you reccomend?

joe

I do a lot of live recording and I've been looking for a new MD to replace my Sony MZR700. One thing that really sucks is that the only MDs available in most stores are the Sony models. They've also just discontinued a lot of their models so be sure to check out www.sonystyle.com to make sure that they even have a mic input. Most inexpensive MDs are doing away with mic inputs and sometimes line inputs too (both needed for most recording). I highly recommend getting an extended warranty if you plan on using it a lot. My MD (which just broke) is getting sent in and I'm getting the full amount $225 back to put on a new MD. This is definitely worth the $25 I spent for the warranty. If you don't want an extended warranty, check out some online stores like www.minidisco.com. They have Sharp and other brands. Hope this helps. Personally, I'm waiting for the new Sony model to be introduced so I can get the AM/FM radio built in.

P.S. You'll find a lot of anti-Sony stuff here. Yeah, Sony isn't is as good but it's all I can find right now... Ah the days when my old Sharp was working. :cry: