E900 freezes during normal play

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My Sony MZ-E900 is 2.5 years old and has started freezing, no sound and the time counter stops (the disc icon on the remote continues to spin). Sometimes it freezes for 2-5 seconds and comes back to life, and somtimes it freezes until I give it instructions.

It seems to happen more often the further into a disc I am (I usually use LP2 mode) and it rarely comes back to life if I skip forward tracks, but more often when I skip back tracks - the more tracks I skip back the better the chance of it playing again.

It's never been cleaned internally, could this be the problem? How do you clean a player?

This started about 6 months ago when the battery got low, but now it happens on a fully charged battery. sad.gif

Thanks for any help,

Andy.

• 5 years later...

Greetings

Just found this post, and realise it goes back awhile, but my MZ-R900 does exactly the same thing. I've found that the only way to get it to continue playback is to give it a reasonably firm "tap" on the case, just below the display. I've cleaned the lens many times, with no improvement noted. It seems to be worse on hot days. With my unit, the problem occurs on LP2 and normal recordings, with fresh and nearly-flat batteries. Any further thoughts as to what might be causing this?