Mz-N505 problems, bass sounds terrible

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi

just bought a friends N505.. everythings seems ok except when i am listening to it.. everytime the bass comes i get like a scratching noise or something hard to explain almost like the headphones is broken but the arent.

I tried putting another mddisc in that i recorded with my old md without the net function and it worked perfect..

anybody know what kind of a problem I have?

am I doin something wrong when im sending the music to the netmd?

sorry for the long post but..

thx

/TimS

I think the N505 can change treble settings...try going into the menu system to "SOUND", selecting a setting and then pushing various keys like pause and volume and such to see if it switches the sound control from bass to treble. I had an N707, and that's how it worked on that model...

So you get scratchy noises from the bass only with discs you record via NetMD? Sounds like something is wrong with the way your computer is encoding the audio. Try reinstalling the program to see if that fixes it. Also, if you are converting mp3's and sending them to minidisc, NetMD programs tend to be very fussy about converting mp3's to atrac3. If that's the case, try converting the mp3 to wav with another program then converting the wav.

Guest Anonymous

Update: I tried using Simple burner.. I took a cd n transfered the songs to the netmd.. it worked perfectly n the sound is great..

so it must be what u said "wrong with the way your computer is encoding the audio. Try reinstalling the program to see if that fixes it. Also, if you are converting mp3's and sending them to minidisc, NetMD programs tend to be very fussy about converting mp3's to atrac3"

i tried all the diffrent reinstlling but it doesnt work..

converting mp3s to atrac3?? what the best thing to use??

and what program works best with sending music to netmd?

Thx

/TimSs

Guest Anonymous

The problem is probably that your MP3's are clipping, but not enough to be really noticable, but when they're reencoded to ATRAC3 the clipping gets worse.

So, if I were you, I'd use MP3Gain to adjust the volume of your MP3's so that none of them are any louder than 3dB under max no-clip gain. To get the max no-clip gain values shown, you have to have "maximization" features enabled.