SonicStage 2.0 gives error

Rate this topic

JR17

Can anybody help me with this wierd prob. I just installed SonicStage2.0 because OpenMG won't work anymore, dunno why. But anyway, SS gives me this when i try to transfer:

"Cannot convert the specified track.

SonicStage does not support the file format of the track.

"Song-Name" "

So SS don't support any of my mp3:s? blink.gif

Oh, i have MZ-N505.

If you installed Sonicstage 2 over a previous installation of OpenMG/SS, please uninstall it via the directions in the NetMD faq [registry edits and all] and install Sonicstage 2 only. Get back to me after that.

..and welcome. :happy:

Didn't help. Wierd thing is that i can initialize the md, but i can't transfer any mp3's and wav's, maybe cable is broken? I have kept my md like a flower on my hand. mellow.gif

Whoa i installed to my second hd win98, and it worked fine there, so i think i will reinstall my winxp, thanks anyway for your help kurisu rolleyes.gif

EDIT: It Did Work! rolleyes.gif and i didn't install SonicStage, i installed good old OpenMG, so i recommend to try that.

bump

Has anyone got to the bottom of this ?

I have installed onto an XP machine and I get the exact same issue

"Cannot convert the specified track.

SonicStage does not support the file format of the track. - For all of my tracks - thousands of them !! and in all formats

I have converted from mp3 VBR mp3 constant to ogg to wave - to all formats with no success. I have reinstalled sonicstage v2.0 from scratch.

Really dont know what else to do - have written to Sony but not holding my breadth!

I feel an Mp3 player comming on

Can anyone help !

mad.gif

I am also experiencing this problem.

It's quite odd how 4 tracks from my album are considered not of the same format from the rest of the album.

Please, ANY help would be greatly appreaciated!

ps: This is comming from a clean install of sonicstage 2.2 or whatever the newest version is.

I have now carried out a full reformat of HDD and reinstalled windowsXP ( Home ) and reinstalled sonicstage. Still same error "Cannot convert the specified track.

SonicStage does not support the file format of the track."

BUT - it will play all tracks - just not transfer them to minidisc, even if they have never been transferred previously.

Now at a complete loss.

:sad::sad:

mad.gif

thanks guys so far for all your help... but to no avail, I am still getting the stupid fscking message!!! this is getting annoying.

please guys, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated? maybe a site i could check out otherwise?

thanks tons :smile:

eS!

I will answer this style too so everyone will see this, so on my case my MZ-N505 started to work, i formatted c: drive, and reistalled WindowsXP, and installed from the cd OpenMG that came along with my md. And i didn't have my internet connection on, so if that will help, try that way... sorry my bad english, i have to run to date with beautiful brunet girl <3 :love: